Deadline: October 31st 2023 | Johannesburg Stock Exchange Empowerment Fund Bursary Plan
Future leaders of South Africa are to be upskilled and developed through the Johannesburg Stock Exchange Empowerment Fund Bursary Plan. The great Nelson Mandela once observed that “education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” The JSE Empowerment Fund (JEF) was created with the intention of assisting students in their pursuit of their academic objectives. The JEF awards scholarships to formerly underprivileged students in their second and third years of study or at the post-graduate (Honours) level.
You must be a top student who is pursuing a degree in and be a high performer in:
- Information Technology Mathematics
- Statistical Science
- Informatics Information Technology
- Analytics of Data, Economics, Finance, and Accounting
Applications from the only universities listed below will be taken into consideration:
- College of Pretoria
- School of Johannesburg
- Nelson Mandela University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Limpopo University of North-West University of Cape Town
- Fort-Hare College
- University of the Free State University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
You must include the following supporting papers with your application:
- Authenticated ID copy
- Evidence of enrollment Academic Records Evidence of household income
- Evidence of residence
NB! Please be aware that an affidavit verifying the information submitted must be included with every application.
- Applications are only accepted from South African citizens who are enrolled in the designated programme.
- The combined income of the students’ parents or guardians should not be more than R600,000.
- Only 2nd year, 3rd year, or honours level applications will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates must have received a minimum overall score of 60%.
For more information, visit the JSE Empowerment Fund Bursary Programme 2024 website.