Deadline: 27th September 2023 | European Prize for Women Innovators 2023
|Title:||European Prize for Women Innovators 2023|
|Organisation:||European Innovation Council and European Institute of Innovation and Technology|
|Deadline:||27th September 2023|
|Eligible countries:||All countries|
Are you a woman entrepreneur with a novel concept that will alter society for the better? Become eligible to win the European Prize for Women Innovators 2023 by submitting an application right away.
In order to organise the updated European Prize for Women Innovators, the European Innovation Council (EIC) and the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) are expanding their collaboration. This more expansive and audacious competition will honour a larger group of female entrepreneurs, praising their successes and providing them with more possibilities than before!
The European Prize for Women Innovators 2023 honours the female business owners who are responsible for some of Europe’s most revolutionary inventions. The award recognises women from the EU and nations affiliated with Horizon Europe whose innovative inventions are catalysing improvements for both people and the environment.
Categories and Awards
- Three reward categories are available:
- The Women Innovators Prize is given to the top female innovators from the EU and its associate nations. The Rising Innovators Prize is given to promising young innovators under the age of 35.
- The winner receives EUR 100 000, while the two runners-up each receive EUR 70 000 and EUR 50 000.
- The EIT Women Leadership Award, given to outstanding female leaders from the EIT Community, awards the winner EUR 50 000, while the two runners-up receive EUR 30 000 and EUR 20 000, respectively.
- The winner receives a prize of EUR 50 000, while the two runners-up each receive EUR 30 000 and EUR 20 000.
- Women (this honour honours women in all of their diversity) are eligible to win.
- Established at least two years before to the call year in an innovative enterprise that is an EU Member State or a Horizon Europe Associated Country
- Under 35 applicants are eligible for the Rising Innovators category. For the Women Innovators or EIT Women Leadership Prize, there is no upper age limit.
- Three reward criteria will be used to evaluate eligible applications:
- Innovation that is a breakthrough and disruptive force in the EU or in nations affiliated with Horizon Europe is being pioneered by the company or organisation that the applicant started or cofounded.
- Impact – This innovation provides a major benefit to people, the environment, or both in addressing a pressing need or problem.
- Inspiration: The candidate is a motivating leader who has been essential to the development of the business or organisation. The candidate serves as an inspiration and an agent of empowerment for other women and girls.
- Results anticipated: The award will increase public awareness of the potential, significance, and contribution of women to the EU innovation ecosystem and will provide powerful role models, encouraging more women to become innovators themselves.
For more information, visit European Prize for Women Innovators.