Date of expiration is Thursday, September 28, 2023 | Program Management Officer Job Vacancy | UNEP
Program Management Officer, P4 (Temporary Job Opening) is the title of the posting.
PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER, Job Code
United Nations Environment Programme Department/Office
Station of duty: NAIROBI
posting window is from September 15 through September 28, 2023.
Program Management Job Opening Number: 23 UNEP 217653 J Nairobi (E)
Integrity, professionalism, and respect for diversity are among the tenets of the United Nations
- Develops and implements a project with EU funding to create TFCAs in Southern, Eastern, and the Horn of Africa; oversees and analyzes project execution; identifies difficulties and problems that must be resolved and starts corrective action; ensures follow-up actions.
- Coordinates the implementation of projects with partner organizations, the EU, and other stakeholders within the CMS Secretariat. 2. CONNECTING WITH Stakeholders
- communicates with the Regional Economic Communities (RECs) of the Southern African Development Community (SADC), the East African, and the Governments in the project region. EAC) and the Horn of Africa Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) as well as other politically significant nations and organizations.
- communicates with professionals and political figures to assist the harmonization of regional and federal legislation as well as the creation of TFCAs and related management plans.
- leads and/or takes part in big, complex field missions, including giving direction to outside consultants, officials from the government, and other parties, as well as creating mission reports. 3. CALENDARING OF MEETINGS
- Plans and organizes meetings and workshops as well as other interactive sessions to help the beneficiary Governments develop the TFCAs as part of consulting assignments in cooperation with representatives of the RECs and the Governments of the project region.
- Organizes participants, suggests agenda items, names attendees, and prepares documentation and presentations for conferences, meetings, etc. that are consultative in nature. 4. ASSESSMENT OF WRITTEN OUTPUTS
- Coordinates operations relating to budget funding (progress reports, financial statements), and prepares pertinent documentation and reports on project execution for the donor and lead implementing agency.
- composes and organizes written products, such as background papers, analyses, report and study parts, and contributions to publications.
- To enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation, and reporting, data analysts collect and analyze data to find trends or patterns and give insights through graphs, charts, tables, and reports utilizing data visualization techniques. 5. REACHING OUT AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- provides lectures about project activities and coordinates outreach and visibility activities.
- carries out additional tasks as needed.
Is the knowledge and comprehension of theories, concepts, and methods pertinent to a given industry, job function, or other specific discipline. Ability to recognize problems, analyze them, and take part in their solution. the capacity to create data gathering sources. Conceptual analytic and evaluative abilities are necessary to carry out independent research and analysis. These skills include knowledge with and practice using a variety of research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet, and other databases. the capacity to plan one’s own work, use judgment in the context of given responsibilities, and balance competing priorities. demonstrates professional competence and subject matter mastery; is diligent and effective in meeting commitments, adhering to deadlines, and producing results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; demonstrates perseverance when faced with difficult problems or challenges; and maintains composure under pressure. Ability to assess and analyze data to assist decision-making, and to communicate the results to management. assumes responsibility for incorporating gender ideas and making sure that men and women participate equally in all aspects of the workforce.
Planning and organizing:
Establishes specific objectives that are in line with adopted strategies; recognizes the most important tasks and assignments; modifies priorities as needed; allots the right amount of time and resources to complete work; anticipates risks and accounts for contingencies when planning; monitors plans and actions; utilizes time effectively.
Uses clear, effective speech and writing; listens to others, accurately interprets their messages, and appropriately responds; asks clarifying questions and shows an interest in two-way communication; adapts language, tone, style, and format to audience; and exhibits openness in sharing information and keeping others informed.
It would be ideal to have a graduate degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in (international) environmental law, international relations, environmental public policy, environmental science, or a related discipline. It is possible to substitute a first-level university degree in one of the aforementioned fields for an advanced degree along with two years of admissible work experience.
Experience at Work
It takes at least seven years of steadily increasing responsibility in project or program management, administration, or a similar field to qualify for this position. It would be ideal to have extensive experience creating international agreements and creating protected areas. Experience in data analytics or a related field of at least two years is preferred.
The UNEP/CMS Secretariat’s working languages are English, French, and Spanish. It is necessary to speak and write English fluently for this employment. French language proficiency is preferred.
A competency-based interview may follow the assessment exercise used to determine whether a candidate is qualified.
CLICK HERE To Apply For Program Management Officer Job Vacancy | UNEP