Deadline: not specified | STUDENT PROGRAMS AGU STUDENT TRAVEL GRANT
Students who need financial assistance with various expenses related to attending the AGU Annual Meeting can apply for AGU Student Travel Grants. AGU Student Travel Grants help students cover the costs of travelling to and from the event, both physically and virtually. Please think about making a donation right away to support attendees, particularly those from demographic groups that are underrepresented in Earth and space science.
- The following is given to the recipients:
- $1000 USD (attendees in person)
- (Virtual Attendees) $1,000
What Makes an Application Successful?
These criteria are used to analyse applications
- Initial evaluation of applicants is based on the following standards:
- Underrepresented demographic groups in Earth and space science
evidence of a financial need
- Those who apply who have never gone abroad to school
applicants who are in their final year of school
Following the initial selection process, candidates are evaluated according to the following standards:
- The strength of the science that is represented in the submitted abstract is reviewed by volunteers from your section.
- How obtaining a travel grant would lower obstacles to attending the AGU Annual Meeting
- The applicant’s special perspective will benefit the larger AGU community. The applicant’s engagement strategies with the AGU community and other student members
- How attending the AGU Annual Meeting will help the applicant achieve their personal and professional objectives
- Candidate’s CV or resume
For more information, visit the AGU Student Travel Grant official website.