Deadline: Ongoing | Young African innovators will receive the 2023 Africa Young Innovators for Health Award ($90 000 in financing)
The International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations (IFPMA) and Speak Up Africa’s flagship program, the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award, provides young health entrepreneurs in Africa with the resources they need to advance innovative healthcare solutions for the benefit of their communities.
The inaugural iteration of the Award, which was introduced in 2021, concentrated on strategies that aided healthcare professionals as they toiled nonstop to safeguard and treat the public while dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
The goal of the Award’s second iteration is to identify and support health innovations that will move us closer to the goal of Universal Health Coverage (UHC). UHC denotes universal access to high-quality healthcare services without the threat of financial hardship (WHO 2007).
Conditions for Eligibility
Young African innovators (between the ages of 21 and 35) who have already created a minimally viable healthcare product or service or are currently working on one that will help the continent achieve UHC by:
- Increasing population coverage (the number of people who receive services or products, including youth, women, children, and rural communities); and/or
- Expanding the scope of offered services (i.e., the types of health services), and/or
- Enhancing the efficiency with which healthcare is provided, and/or
- Contributes to achieving Universal Healthcare Coverage in any other way.
Apply right away if you’re innovating for better health outcomes and meet those requirements. This is a chance that will change the game!
Two men and two women will be chosen for the first and second prize in support of gender equality, which implies that both sexes will profit equally from the Award program:
- Financial support totaling $90k.
- two $30,000 first-place prizes and two $15,000 second-place awards
a three-month business mentoring program with well-known entrepreneurs
- Adams & Adams provides expert guidance on all legal matters, including Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
Enhanced PR, media training, and opportunity to showcase your idea to a worldwide audience
- Access to a network of partners and supporters in the media, technology, and healthcare
For Additional Information
Visit the Africa Young Innovators for Health Award 2023 website.