Apply before: May 29, 2023 | Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists: Applications Are Invited
Money awarded: $23000
About the Organization
The IWMF is the first organization in the world created specifically to meet the comprehensive needs of female and nonbinary journalists. We are a fearless and welcoming group that offers awards, reporting opportunities, fellowships, grants, safety training, and emergency assistance to journalists wherever they are. Our revolutionary work, which ranks as one of the biggest advocates for media created by women, promotes press freedom and equal opportunity across the globe.
We also honor fearless female photographers and journalists whose daring sets them unique. And we investigate the reasons why men continue to dominate the journalism industry while promoting inclusive policies that support the advancement of people from historically underrepresented groups into senior positions.
|Title:||Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women
Journalists: Applications Are Invited
|Amount:||funding upto €23,000|
|Deadline:||May 29, 2023|
|YOA WhatsApp Link:||Click Here|
|YOA Telegram Link:||Click Here|
Regarding the Grant
Transparency and a diversity of viewpoints depend on promoting the work and expanding the role of women in the news industry globally. The Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists, a groundbreaking financial initiative, enables the International Women’s Media Foundation to significantly increase its support for female journalists. The Howard G. Buffett Foundation donated $4 million to establish the Fund, which will fund programs for media development, investigative reporting, and educational opportunities.
The Fund’s goal is to encourage female journalists by giving grantees assistance with:
- bring to light important yet little-known global concerns
- Engage in bold initiatives that contradict conventional media narratives
- Create expertise in your field and advance your career
- Look for leadership and training opportunities.
- Start entrepreneurial news projects or get the necessary skills
- Women and nonbinary journalists of any nationality are eligible to apply for grants from the Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists.
- The applicant must work primarily in journalism.
- Candidates must have at least one year of experience in professional journalism and a history of publication in non-student publications.
- We accept applications from teams of journalists, however the team must include at least 50% women, and the application must be directed and completed by a woman or nonbinary journalist.
- Applications can only be submitted in English (preferred) or Spanish due to staff capacity, however reporting can be published in any language.
How to Apply
Applications are continuously accepted by the Fund for Women Journalists. The processing of applications could take up to six weeks.
Please click the link for further details.