The deadline for applications is August 15, 2023, at 17:00 GMT. | The 2023 PAJI-NZ Norbert Zongo African Prize for Investigative Journalism
A call for applications for the Norbert Zongo African Journalism Prize of Investigation (PAJI-NZ) has been issued by the Norbert Zongo National Press Center (CNP-NZ) and the Norbert Zongo Cell for Investigative Journalism in West Africa (CENOZO).
|Title:||The 2023 PAJI-NZ Norbert Zongo African
Prize for Investigative Journalism
|Deadline:||August 15, 2023,|
|WhatsApp Link:||Click Here|
|Telegram Link:||Click Here|
The PAJI-NZ is designed to honor African journalists who have produced high-caliber investigations into corruption, organized crime, human rights violations, governance, environmental crime, terrorism, etc. in print, radio, television, and online media.
- The applicant for PAJI-NZ must be either an African journalist who regularly works for or collaborates with one or more press organizations, or a non-African journalist who has lived in Africa for at least two years and is working on Africa.
- The best production in each category (written press, radio, television, and online press) will receive a prize from the PAJI-NZ, as well as a unique award named the “SEGBO D’OR” for the best overall production across all categories.
- The publication date of any output that is to be submitted for PAJI-NZ must be between May 3, 2021, and May 3, 2023.
Included in the application file must be:
- A copy of the production subject of the application in PDF format, MP4 video, MP3 audio file, or a URL link; A declaration of candidacy that fully discloses the candidate’s identify (surname, first names, pseudonym or pen name used);
- a certificate from the publication verifying his participation in the editorial board of the press organization that published his work or his membership there;
- a curriculum vitae with the candidate’s picture; for non-African journalists, evidence of residency in Africa for at least two years as of the application date;
- a written statement signed by the candidate granting permission for the PAJI-NZ award organizers to use, without charge and in any media, his name, voice, photos, and the materials submitted, should he be selected, for advertising, public relations, and information about the Prize.
- Winners of the PAJI-NZ will be invited to the award ceremony, which will take place during the 10th International Festival for Freedom of Expression and the Press (FILEP) in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, from October 18 to 21, 2023.
Applications must be received by August 15, 2023, at 17:00 GMT. Candidates that have been shortlisted will be announced on September 15, 2023.
Email applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com from prospective applicants.
For Additional Information
Check out the Norbert Zongo African Prize 2023 website.