RevUp Women enterprise development program 2023 for African SMEs and startups managed by women in the early stages
Deadline for Applications: PASSED | RevUp Women enterprise development program 2023 for African SMEs and startups
RevUp Women is a business development program for early-stage, female-led entrepreneurs and SMEs in Africa. Its goal is to help female-led businesses grow into successful, long-lasting firms that will help the continent create jobs. At the conclusion of the pilot phase, 10 women business owners will each get a grant of $10,000 from the Catalytic Africa matching fund to help them expand their enterprises, while 500 women business owners will have received capacity-building training and mentorship. The Visa Foundation is funding the project, which fits with AfriLabs’ inclusiveness philosophy.
|Title:||RevUp Women enterprise development program 2023 for African SMEs and startups|
|Deadline:||March 31, 2023|
|WhatsApp Link:||Click Here|
|Telegram Link:||Click Here|
Activities of the Project
Using the network of AfriLabs hubs in 52 African nations to carry out the following tasks:
- Training for business development and mentoring
- Seminars for peer-to-peer learning
- Financed by Catalytic Africa
- Hubs connected to the AfriLabs network are invited to apply to carry out this cohort of the initiative.
- In this cohort, 10 implementing hubs, two (2) in each of the pilot countries, will be chosen through a competitive application and screening process that targets hubs that have operated for at least six months and have incubated at least one complete cohort of women-led enterprises.
Implementing Hubs’ roles in the initiative
- 50 selected companies with a majority of women owners
- Perform a thorough needs analysis of the chosen firms.
- educate and guide the women
- Establish a network of peer-to-peer help inside the companies
- Create a network of rural women mentors by working with the other country hub that has been chosen.
The AfriLabs network innovation hubs that offer resources to support women-owned enterprises and entrepreneurs in Africa are eligible to apply.
Before applying, innovation hubs must fulfill the following requirements;
- Occupy a space in one of these cities
- Nigeria: abuja and lagos
- South africa: pretoria and johannesburg
- Yaounde and douala, cameroon
- Democratic republic of the congo: kinshasa, lubumbashi kenya: nairobi, kisumu
- A location that is tangible
- Keep your attention on two or more of the following at all times: innovation, entrepreneurship, or technology
- Must be able to provide verifiable proof of developing msmes and startups headed by women from inception to maturity.
- Through training, mentorship, and capacity-building activities, 500 women-led businesses in 5 different African nations are made possible.
- Five networks of women mentors, one for each nation, are established to support female entrepreneurs in Africa through excellent mentoring and peer-to-peer support.
- $100,000: Given to ten women-owned businesses in Africa through Catalytic Africa.
- In the nations where the project is executed, 600 jobs will be generated.
For More Information
See the RevUp Women entrepreneurial development program’s official website 2023.
Leave a Comment