May 3, 2023 is the deadline for applications.| SDG Fellowships at the University of Bonn for 2023 Research on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (Funded). | University of Bonn SDG Fellowship 2023 (Funding available)
Scholars are invited, ideally from Africa, Latin America, and South/East Asia, to do research on issues connected to the Sustainable Development Goals (for periods of 3–12 months).
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) fellowship program allows tenured faculty at the University of Bonn to invite foreign postdoctoral fellows for a collaborative research study on the SDGs as outlined by the UN in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. Over one or two semesters, the scientists should do research and impart knowledge alongside a professor from the University of Bonn.
|Title:||University of Bonn SDG Fellowship 2023 (Funding available)|
|Nationality:||All African Countries, Latin America, East Asia,|
|Deadline:||May 3, 2023|
|WhatsApp Link:||Click Here|
|Telegram Link:||Click Here|
- There are numerous partnerships between the University of Bonn with universities and research institutions throughout South America, Asia, and Africa right now. The SDG index demonstrates that many nations in these regions have significant hurdles while achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- In accordance with the Bonn SDG Fellowships’ 17th Sustainable Development Goal, “Partnerships for the Goals,” scholars from the aforementioned regions are given preference. Supporting brilliant researchers with the aim of creating and enhancing networks via them.
The grant is available for a minimum of three months and a maximum of twelve.
Conditions for Eligibility
- Foreign-citizen postdoctoral researchers were invited by a University of Bonn professor to conduct a cooperative research study.
- In addition to demonstrating demonstrated skill in a research topic from the range of the sdgs, the fellow should have a long-term association (research or teach) at a university or research institute in the aforementioned locations.
- Please be aware that we are unable to connect and make communication between potential fellows and University of Bonn academics.
These expenses may be covered by the funding:
- Travel compensation (depending on country of origin)
- A monthly scholarship of €3,000 (plus up to €300 for a spouse and €250 for each child) is available.
- a monthly grant of up to €500 for research costs.
- The scholarship does not cover insurance coverage.
Two categories of project proposals are evaluated:
- Academic Quality and Mutual Gain (50%): The research project’s quality, its contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as outlined by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, its applicability to current events in the fellow’s home region, and its integration into academic life in Bonn (through, for example, public lectures, seminars, or colloquia) (place of work, integration into existing teaching and research activities)
- Strategic Relevance and Potential for Future Cooperation (50%): The degree of current cooperation, the fellow’s plans for long-term research relationships with the Bonn host institute, the connection to Bonn’s research profile, and the manner in which the research will be disseminated among more diverse academic communities
- The category “Academic Quality and Mutual Benefit” will be given preference if two proposals have the same score.
- a web form
- Project description (PDF, 8 pages maximum), including:
- A description of the research project that will be conducted while the fellow is in Bonn; please write your proposal for a multidisciplinary audience.
- Reasons for the fellow’s invitation, an explanation of how the fellow will contribute to research and teaching at the University of Bonn, and a list of the ways the fellow will enhance university life there while they are there.
- An outline of the applicant’s and fellow’s current cooperation
- An overview of the fellow’s integration into the host institute (place of work, participation in teaching and research activities)
- An overview of consequential value Plan for the conclusion of your stay, and then think about how you may expand your collaboration in the future.
- CV of a fellow (PDF)
- Financial strategy (please use the following Excel file, download here)
- submission cutoff
- For funding no later than July 2024, but no later than January 2024 at the earliest:
May 03, 2023
For More Information
- Visit the official website for the University of Bonn’s partnerships with colleges and research centers in Latin America, Asia, and Africa. The SDG index demonstrates that many nations in these regions have significant hurdles while achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. Based on the 17th Sustainable Development Goal, “Partnerships for the Goals,” researchers in the above-mentioned regions are given preference for the Bonn SDG Fellowships. Supporting brilliant researchers with the aim of creating and enhancing networks via them.
For More Information