Deadline for applications: February 18, 2023 | Youth Forum 2023 of the UN Economic and Social Council
From April 25 to April 27, 2023, the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Youth Forum will be held in a mixed setting.
The Forum offers a forum for young people to interact with Member States and other stakeholders to express their opinions, raise issues, and inspire action on how to make the world a fairer, greener, and more sustainable place under the direction of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The topic of the Youth Forum is “Accelerating the recovery from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at levels,” which is also the issue of ECOSOC and the UN High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) in 2023. Additionally, it will assess advancements in the areas of affordable and clean energy (SDG 7), sustainable cities and communities (SDG 11), partnerships for the goals, and clean water and sanitation (SDG 6). (SDG17).
In order to prepare for the SDG Summit, which will take place in September 2023 under the auspices of the General Assembly, the Youth Forum will also bring together young people. Additionally, it will seek to complement other international conferences, such as the upcoming UN Water Conference in March 2023. The Midterm Review of the Sendai Framework in May 2023, and the Second LDC-5 Conference (March 2023).
Objectives for Youth Forum 2023 of the UN Economic and Social Council
The 2023 ECOSOC Youth Forum will:
- Mobilize youth to accelerate recovery and rebuilding efforts from COVID-19. And gather around actions, initiatives and leadership efforts that should be recognized, celebrated and scaled up. Towards achieving the SDGs during the Decade of Action.
- Provide a platform for young people to meaningfully engage in a dialogue. With UN Member States and UN entities on transformative pathways for realizing sustainable development.
- Share knowledge, skills, and lessons learned in achieving the rights and well-being of youth. By promoting the accelerated implementation of the 2030 Agenda. And ensuring the meaningful participation and engagement of young people in policymaking and implementation.
- Present ideas and solutions and showcase innovative initiatives. And collective action by youth and others — to advance the SDGs based on national, regional and global experiences.
- Bring together young people to discuss inputs to the preparations for the 2023 SDG Summit. As mid-term review of the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
- Discuss and report on progress for the implementation of the UN Youth Strategy, Youth 2030: Working with and for Young People, and other issues related to young people including sharing information on plans for measuring and monitoring its impact at the country, regional and global levels and considering the role that young people and youth organizations can play in the implementation of the strategy.
- Plenary sessions, interactive thematic talks, and regionally oriented debates will all be included in the three-day conference.
- On the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the sustainable development goals. Being reviewed in the Economic and Social Council and the High-Level Political Forum.
- In July 2023, young people are invited to share best practices, lessons learned, solutions. As well as original and creative ideas with Member States, other youth participants, and stakeholders.
- Additionally, they will have the chance to participate in the SDG Summit preparations on April 27, 2023.
- On April 25, 20,23, virtual and actual side events will be held.
The following people will take part in the Youth Forum:
- Official country youth delegates;
- High-level representatives of national youth institutions;
- Representatives of regional and multilateral organizations;
- Youth-led and youth-focused entities,
- organizations, and groups from a variety of countries;
- Ministers of Youth and other Ministries in charge of coordinating the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the Youth Strategy at the national level;
- Inputs to the High-Level Political Forum, the High-Level Segment of the Council in July 2023, and the SDG Summit. Under the auspices of the General Assembly in September 2023 will come from the President of ECOSOC’s informal summary of the proceedings.
- a document capturing key messages and findings from the various sessions, and a Presidential Statement.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Additional Information
Check the UN ECOSOC Youth Forum 2023 official website.