World Bank Group (WBG) Youth Summit Pitch Competition 2023
Deadline: 3rd of March 2023 | World Bank Group (WBG) Youth Summit Pitch Competition
The World Bank Group (WBG) Youth Summit Pitch Competition 2023 is now accepting applications. The Pitch Competition, one of the Youth Summit’s centerpiece events. Seeks creative and action-oriented ideas from young people. To address some of the most serious global issues through grassroots local solutions. That have the potential to have an international impact.
They encourage proposals from all people and/or teams. That address at least one of the three development goals’ three pillars, in keeping with the theme of the 2023 Summit:
- Locations affected by fragility, violence, and conflict;
- climate change, especially the transition and security of energy;
- financial security through employment and skill development.
Along with these fundamental ideas, they support interdisciplinary approaches. That take into account the concerns of indigenous peoples, marginalized groups, rural women, and other vulnerable groups dealing with regional difficulties.
With regards to the World Bank Group Youth Summit
The World Bank Group hosts the largest annual gathering of young people (18–35) in the world. At the World Bank Group Youth Summit (the “Summit”) to discuss the most important issues affecting their generation. The Summit’s objective is to promote regional solutions that could have a significant global influence as it marks its ten-year milestone this year.
The Summit’s theme is “From the Ground Up.” The WBG’s commitment to supporting local ownership, knowledge, and solutions as a crucial component of addressing global development challenges in the areas of fragility, conflict, and violence (FCV), jobs and skills, and climate and energy is reflected in the statement “Local Solutions to Drive Global Impact.”
- The winners will also be admitted into the WBG Youth Summit Alumni Network,
- get a tangible trophy,
- a certificate, and access to an entrepreneurial workshop.
- They will also be featured on World Bank Group communication channels.
- These awards are intended to honor the awardees’ accomplishments and support their future endeavors.
- Open to anyone, regardless of prior knowledge of a particular subject or field, in teams of up to five people between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Participants may include both students and people who are employed right now.
- Individuals or teams (i.e., all team members) must be ready and able to devote the time necessary to put their solution into practice after the competition, if it isn’t already, in order to be qualified to compete.
- They support the formation of diverse, gender-balanced teams.
- Judges’ Choice Award and Honorable Mention: The judges will assess the presentation and the solution on the basis of the problem’s clarity, breadth, and relevance; the presentation’s originality; the solution’s feasibility; the solution’s potential impact; and the solution’s compliance with the application process, competition criteria, and competition process.
- Readers’ Favorite Award: The Audience Choice will be determined by adding the total number of votes from the live Youth Summit audience and the amount of engagement on social media posts (in a predetermined manner that will be given to the finalists).
By March 3, 2023, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, You must complete and submit the application form and pitch deck by this time.
Visit the WBG Youth Summit Pitch Competition for more details.
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment