Deadline: 1st May 2023 | Request for Nominations: 2024 World Food Prize
The World Food Prize 2024 is now accepting nominations. The World Food Prize is given for a particular, extraordinarily noteworthy individual accomplishment that contributes to human development by demonstrating an improvement in the quantity, quality, availability, or accessibility of food through innovative interventions at any point throughout the entire food system.
Achievements can be found in a variety of areas, such as soil and land science, plant and animal science, food science and technology, nutrition, rural development, marketing, food processing, packaging, and storage, water and environment, natural resource conservation, physical infrastructure, transportation, and distribution, special or extraordinary feeding programs, social organization and poverty elimination, economics and finance, policy analysis and implementation, and public policy.
- The $250,000 prize honors contributions in any area related to the global food supply. Such as plant, animal, and soil science, food science and technology, nutrition, rural development, marketing, food processing and packaging, water and environment, natural resource conservation, physical infrastructure, transportation, storage, and distribution, special or extraordinary feeding programs, social organization and poverty elimination, economics, and international relations.
Eligibility for (Request for Nominations: 2024 World Food Prize)
- We are looking for nominations for a person or people who have excelled in any area related to improving food production and distribution and making food more accessible to those who need it most.
- A nomination can be made by any academic or research institution, private or public organization, business, or governmental body.
- A nominee must be present at the World Food Prize Award Ceremony and be alive and in good health. At the time of the Award Ceremony, the nominee must be able to deliver an acceptance speech and consent to take part in specific media activities as well as the World Food Prize Global Youth Institute.
The specific details that will be needed are shown below.
- Information about the nominator includes their name(s), the name of the nominating group, mailing address, email address, and phone number. A senior member of the nominating organization must endorse the nomination and attest to the veracity of the data.
- Name, present position, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, date and place of birth, and citizenship of the nominee.
- Personal information: a resume or CV describing the nominee’s previous employment, education, associations with the profession, and honors and achievements.
- Picture: A picture of the nominee.
Describe why the nominee should be given the World Food Prize in no more than 150 words.
- Statement of Success: Describe each accomplishment made by the nominee in no more than two paragraphs. The nominee should be put forward for one particular, quantifiable, and long-lasting accomplishment that has significantly improved food quality, quantity, availability, or access.
- Describe the impact of the nominee’s accomplishment in terms of improved health, nutrition, and quality of life, or decreased levels of poverty, hunger, and malnutrition, in no more than two pages. The Statement should specify the number of impacted individuals, the impact’s geographic scope, and the long-term impact on those individuals’ well-being.
- The most convincing nominations will use numbers to show how the nominated person’s accomplishment directly affected some change or changes.
- Nominations seconded: At least two people who are familiar with the nominee’s work but are unaffiliated with the nominating group must sign and date a letter seconding the nomination. Letters supporting the nomination should preferably include further details on the nominee’s accomplishment and how it influenced the people involved.
- Supporting Documents: You should submit documents to back up your nomination. These could include writings by or about the nominee. That are directly related to the achievement, as well as news or journal pieces that highlight the nominee’s accomplishments. And the effects of their work. Send each document exclusively in digital form.
To Nominate a leader for the World Food Pize, click here.
Visit the World Food Prize website for further details.
Request for Nominations: 2024 World Food Prize