Belgian Government Masters Degree | Scholarships from the Government of Flanders for International Students
|Scholarships from the Government of Flanders for International Students
|Scholarship (stipend of €9,600)
|6 April 2023
Outstanding students from all around the world are given scholarships by the Flemish Ministry of Education to attend master’s programs in Flanders and Brussels. The program aims to highlight Brussels and Flanders as premier study destinations.
- University of Leuven, or KU Leuven
- Universities in Antwerp, Ghent, Hasselt, and Brussels Free University
Schools of applied sciences and the arts
- AP University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- PXL University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Erasmus Brussels University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- KdG University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- LUCA School of Arts
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
Level and area of study:
- All eligible master’s degree programs, excluding preparatory, bridge, and distance learning programs, are offered at participating Flemish institutions.
- international pupils from different nations. A handful of scholarships are only available to citizens of specific nations, including three each from Japan, Mexico, Palestine, and the United States (5).
Scholarship amount and length:
- A Master Mind Scholarship comes with a stipend of €9,600 and a waiver of the annual tuition price. Only an administrative enrolling fee is charged to recipients of the Master Mind Scholarship.
- The Flemish Host Institution may request that the applicant pay a tuition amount that is equal to the lowest annual tuition cost for a student who gets a study grant from the Flemish government. The fee is €128,80 for the academic year 2023–2024.
For a Master’s program of 60 ECTS, the term of mobility is one academic year, and for a master’s program of 120 ECTS, it is two academic years.
- The candidate submits an application to enroll in a Master’s degree program at a university in Flanders (referred to as the “Flemish host institution” above).
- The candidate must have a high level of academic ability or achievement. The student has a 3.5 out of 4.0 Grade Point Average.
- The pupil is proficient in the English language (please check the official website for the specific requirements)
- In order to be eligible for the scholarship, the student must be accepted by the host university. This requirement still holds true even if the Host school decides to accept the student after choosing the Master Mind Scholarships program.
- Only one Flemish higher education institution may nominate the candidate. The applicant must select one Flemish higher education institution to submit his or her application to the Mobility Online tool if they have been preselected by more than one Flemish higher education institution.
- All nationalities, excluding Russian, are eligible to apply. The preceding degree should have been earned from a university outside of Flanders.
- Students enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution already are not eligible to apply.
Students cannot apply directly. The host institution must receive your application. The application must be filed online by the Flemish host institution, which preselects the acceptable applications. The application deadline is April 28, 2023, 23:59 GMT. The internal deadlines established by the Flemish Host Institution must be consulted; they can range from 1 February to 6 April 2023.
Its Better you first read the guidelines on how to apply before you actually Apply.
Click here to apply for this Scholarship