Deadline: 30 April 2023 | ETH4D Doctoral Mentorship Programme 2023
Apply now for the ETH4D Doctoral Mentorship Programme 2023. For the purpose of guiding PhD candidates from low- and lower-middle-income nations, ETH4D offers funding. The mentorship consists of the following elements and is a one-year appointment:
- one year of doctoral studies under the guidance of one ETH professor, senior scientist, or postdoc. We recommend regular meetings every month and clearly stated project objectives, such as a presentation at a conference or a joint publication. Although it is not necessary, ETH mentors are free to participate in the mentee’s doctorate committee.
- For 1-3 months throughout the mentoring period, do research at the mentor’s lab at ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
- funding for conference attendance and/or supplies for research
The grant covers expenses up to a maximum of 15k CHF and includes the following:
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2 kCHF) to and from Switzerland for the research stay
- Visa fees
- Travel allowance to attend an academic conference
- Research material (e.g. lab equipment) (max 6 kCHF in total).
- Fees for health insurance
- Local transportation
- Living allowance for the duration of the research stay at ETH Zurich
- Eligible are doctoral candidates who are registered at a university or research institute in a least- developed, low- and lower-middle-income country according to the DownloadOECD/DAC 2022 list.
- The application needs to be submitted by the ETH professorship hosting the doctoral candidate.
- Applications directly submitted by the doctoral candidate will NOT be considered.
Application documents for an ETH4D Mentorship entail:
- Completed electronic application form
- Project description
- Budget (using template)
- Motivation letter of the doctoral candidate (1 page)
- Most recent university transcripts
- CV of doctoral candidate (max. 2 pages) incl. publications
- Two academic reference letters
- Doctoral project proposal (if available)
- Support letter of the hosting ETH professor, including any financial and in-kind
Visit ETH4D for further information