Deadline: 28th of February 2023 | Grant of $1,000 for the 2023 Africa Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge
The Africa Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge 2023 is now accepting applications. An unique platform is being made available to creative young Africans in the travel and tourism industry who are looking for funding, partnerships, and mentorship possibilities to submit their initiatives to the world market and get the funding they need for their programs.
|Title:||The 2023 Africa Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge|
|Deadline:||28th of February 2023|
|WhatsApp Link:||Click Here|
|Telegram Link:||Click Here|
- Grant seed for the winner is $1,000.
- First and second runners up receive $500 grant seed.
- free enrollment in short courses offered by the UNWTO.
- Career opportunity, collaboration, possibly financial help.
- the chance to join a well-established network of mentors and innovators for African youth in tourism.
- Open to african youth.
- The maximum age is 35.
- Competitor must present a demo or minimum viable product (mvp) for five minutes.
- Entry requirements
To avoid disqualification, please clearly indicate the following:
- the idea, its originality, authenticity, and justification.
- Evidence of creative solutions to problems in the travel and tourist business or other connected industries in Africa, as of the COVID 19 era, and in the future (such as technological, social entrepreneurship, educational, youth empowerment and job creation, environmental sustainability, community development, etc.)
- The project’s long-term effects on local communities, allied industries, and/or travel and tourism.
- The project’s schedule.
- The type of assistance needed, such as money, investors, mentoring, partnerships, etc.
- Conclusion or brief additional information that is still pertinent, not to exceed 500 words.
- Contest begins on December 8, 2022.
- Date of expiration: February 28, 2023.
- Top 5 will be narrowed down by adjudicators on March 10, 2023.
- Informed project promoters who have been shortlisted: March 15, 2023.
- March 20 – May 16, 2023: Mentorship for elevator pitches (12 hours).
- Presenters of projects that have been shortlisted must give a 5-minute presentation at the Summit on May 19, 2023.
- Top 3 will be revealed on June 2, 2023.
- Competitor must present a demo or Minimum Viable Product (MVP) for five minutes.
- Winners and runners-up will be announced during the ATLF Awards on October 20, 2023 in Gaborone, Botswana.
Visit the Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge for additional details.