The 2023 Virtual Internship Program of the African Development Bank (AfDB) for Young Africans (Monthly Stipend Available)
Applications are open for The 2023 Virtual Internship Program of the African Development Bank | 23 February 2023 is the application deadline.
The African Development Bank’s virtual internship program for 2023 is now accepting applications! Students get the chance to gain professional and practical experience at the bank through the program.
The African Development Bank (AfDB), which was founded in 1964, is the top organization for pan-African development and supports social and economic advancement on the continent. There are 81 members, 54 of which are in Africa (Regional Member Countries). In order to significantly decrease poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth, transformative projects need both financial and technical support, which the Bank is providing as part of its development agenda.
Five major areas (High 5s), all of which will speed up our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up in order to better focus the goals of the Ten-Year Strategy (2013–2022) and ensure greater developmental impact.
These areas are:
· and raising the standard of living for Africans.
The Internship Program is a component of a larger Talent Management Framework that enables the Bank to carry out its High 5s and Ten-Year Strategy.
Using a competitive selection process, Program participants are chosen based on the business requirements of the Bank.
Selected candidates will be assigned to various Departments at the Bank’s Regional and Country Offices, as well as its Headquarters in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. In contrast, chosen interns will work remotely while they wait for the Bank to progressively reopen its offices.
The program’s overarching goals are to:
· A chance for students to gain professional and hands-on experience at the African Development Bank.
· Assemble a pool of possible applicants for the Bank’s use in future hiring processes.
· However, candidates shouldn’t anticipate that the internship would result in a job offer from the Bank right away.
The Study Subjects Necessary for the Internship:
In particular, Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education and Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance, or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations, must be within the job families from which interns are chosen.
Students who are engaged in projects that directly relate to the Bank’s objectives will be given special attention.
The following requirements must be satisfied by applicants in order to be eligible for an internship:
· Must be no older than thirty (30) years old and have reached the age of majority in their country of nationality or origin at the time the internship program begins.
· Must be enrolled right now in a master’s degree program at an accredited public or private institution of higher learning.
· After receiving such a degree, the individual has one (1) year to apply for an internship.
· Be citizens of one of the African Development Bank’s member nations.
· Provide a copy of the aforementioned Degree or a letter from their school attesting to their enrolment. Candidates must speak at least one of the Banks’ two working languages with proficiency (English or French).
· Use the Bank’s regular software programs (Word, Excel, powerpoint, and Access); familiarity with SAP is preferred.
The Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) of the Bank and the gender strategy are aligned with the individual disciplines and professional specialties. Focus will be placed on the following areas in addition to the professions that make up the Bank’s employment families:
· Energy, power, climate change, and green growth
· Human and social development, and agriculture
· Infrastructure, the private sector, and industrialization
· Governance, Statistics, and Knowledge Management
· Corporate services and legal human resources: IT, language services, general services and procurement, human resource management audit, and anti-corruption assessment
· External Relations & Communication
· Public Affairs
· Assessment of gender, environment, and society
· The chosen interns will work remotely while awaiting the Bank’s gradual return to the office. As a result, interns must have access to a personal computer, a dependable internet connection, and a living space that supports efficient and continuous remote working.
· Each candidate will receive an internship that lasts no less than three (3) months or more than six (6) months. Each candidate is only permitted to complete the internship once.
· The Bank may occasionally accept on-site internships on an extraordinary basis, particularly where the tasks and obligations allocated to interns cannot be completed online. In these situations, interns are in charge of both their maintenance and any
· A monthly stipend will be given to qualified interns.
· necessary air travel to and from the Bank’s site.
· To help the concerned interns get their entry and residency visas, the Bank will make a reasonable effort.
· The Bank will provide eligible interns with medical insurance coverage for the duration of their internship.
· April 2023 to December 2023 will be the timeframe for the 2023 Internship Program.
· Application Process: Only complete online applications that are accompanied by thorough curriculum vitaes will be evaluated (CV).
· If you experience technical issues when submitting your application, send an email to HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG with a detailed explanation of the situation and/or a screenshot of the issue.
For Additional Information and how to apply:
Submit a resume for the post of
1. Regular Staff.
To apply for this position if you are a regular employee of the African Development Bank, click Here
2. An outside candidate
Click Here to apply for the position if you are not presently employed by the African Development Bank, or if you are an STS, technical assistant, or consultant at the Bank.
Visit the AfDB 2023 Virtual Internship Program’s official website.
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment