Center for Effective Global Action (CEGA) Fellowship Program 2023-2024
Deadline: February 23rd, 2023.
For its Fellowship Program 2023-2024, CEGA is accepting applications. Send it in right now! African researchers encouraged to submit an application to the CEGA Fellowship Request for Applications for the years 2023–2024. (RFA).
Early-career African social scientists given the tools necessary by the CEGA Fellowship Program to conduct thorough impact analyses of economic development initiatives as well as advocate for evidence-based policy.
They welcome applications for one of two opportunities from scholars in East and West Africa:
- A Resident fellowship during Fall 2023 or Spring 2024 in-person at the University of California, Berkeley or Northwestern University
- A Non-Resident Fellowship, a virtual version of our flagship resident fellowship where fellows engage remotely for 12 weeks, at about 15-20 hours per week.
- The chosen researchers will take classes, learn impact evaluation techniques, participate in a specialized mentoring program to help them develop their research ideas, more so, expand their research networks.
- The Network of Impact Evaluation Researchers in Africa will invite successful fellows to join (NIERA).
Applicants to the CEGA Fellowship Program must:
- Be a national of an East African or Anglophone West African country (Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Burundi, South Sudan, Uganda, the Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, Nigeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte D’Ivoire, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Somalia, and Cameroon);
- Be fluent in English;
- Have completed a Master’s degree or a PhD within the last 8 years, or be enrolled in a PhD program in economics, statistics, epidemiology/public health, or another social science discipline;
- Have a current affiliation with a research institution, university or other research organization in East or West Africa, preferably one that supports policy-relevant, quantitative social science research;
- [Resident Only] Plan to return to a research institute in East or West Africa after the resident fellowship at UC Berkeley or Northwestern University. If currently enrolled in a PhD program outside the African continent, scholars may complete their PhD before their return.
For further information, visit CEGA
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment