Deadline: February 6th 2023
Applications for the Reuters Institute Journalist Fellowship Programme now accepted for the fellowship cohorts of 2023–2024, which will begin in October 2023, January 2024, and April 2024, respectively.
One of the most well-known programs in the world allowing working, mid-career journalists to take time off from their regular positions to further their studies in journalism is the Reuters Institute’s Journalist Fellowship Program. Most of the journalists receive full support, and further more get a stipend to help with living and travel expenses.
You will deepen your understanding of journalism, the news industry, and your role within it through independent study, seminars, networking events, and discussions with your peers. You will work on a project in Oxford that will directly benefit you, your career, your newsroom, and the larger media sector while you are there, using what you learn through the fellowship. Program intended for editors and working journalists who will rejoin the industry after a brief stay with us.
- Successful candidates receive payment for their fees as well as a stipend of £2,000 per month, which will cover their living expenses for lodging, food, and other necessities.
- They will also pay for your travel expenses to and from the UK as well as any visa fees.
- Some Journalist Fellows also work for sponsoring companies, who have their own application procedures and selection standards.
- You must have at least five years of professional journalism experience, or under exceptional circumstances, be able to demonstrate the same level of expertise, to be eligible for one of our journalist fellowships.
- Journalists from all over the world, including those in Europe, Africa, the Asia-Pacific region, North America, and Latin America, are eligible to apply for our journalist fellowships.
- You’ll be able to follow conversations in English and participate in them. More details on the university’s English language requirements can be found here.
Visit Reuters Institute for further information on Journalist Fellowship Programme 2023