JIAS Writing Fellowships at the Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) for Up-and-Coming African Authors (Funded)
For its second annual Writers’ Workshop, the Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) is accepting applications from upcoming African authors. (JIAS Writing Fellowships)
Deadline for applications: February 1, 2023
During the months of August through October 2023, JIAS will welcome a group of talented African writers. The workshop will be a three-month writing-intensive course for aspiring authors who have a current project they’d like to finish or refine. Each writer will concentrate on their own writing as well as read and comment on the work of others. A writers’ workshop creates a friendly environment that is extremely beneficial to authors.
- African authors who write poetry, plays, screenplays, short stories, creative non-fiction, and fiction (long and short form) are welcome to apply to the JIAS Writers’ Workshop. Award-winning, well-regarded, and successful writers will serve as the workshop participants’ mentors.
- This is a fantastic chance for aspiring authors to pick the brains of experienced authors who are experts in their field. The energy and diversity that a vibrant city like Johannesburg has to offer will also be available for participants to take advantage of and profit from.
- There is no application fee and there is no cost to attend the workshop.
Join Your Opportunities Africa on Telegram and on Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
- The following is what each Writers’ Workshop participant will get: lodging at a private home owned by JIAS.
- Breakfast, lunch, and stipend each day.
- An extended, all-encompassing creative experience.
- Mentoring by seasoned, exceptionally talented authors.
How to Appl:
- Please send the following materials in order to apply:
- filled-out application form
- a copy of page two of your passport
- A CV for creative writing
- A one-page proposal for a creative writing project
- a sample of writing Poetry, Creative Non-Fiction, and Fiction (5–10 pages), as well as Playwriting and Screenwriting (First 10 Pages of Script).
For Additional Information
Visit the JIAS Writing Fellowships‘ official website. (Fellowships for Africans)
Join Your Opportunities Africa on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment