ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship 2023 for fully funded study in China (Up to 7,000 CNY/month stipend)
Deadline: 15 February 2023
Applications open for ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship 2023.
Up to 40 students/scholars from developing countries sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years under the terms of an agreement between the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO), the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS/UNESCO) for the advancement of science in developing countries.
An international non-profit, non-governmental organization called the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) objectives are to advance wider S&T collaboration and communication, as well as regional and global capability in science and technology, human livelihoods, and wellness.
With the intention of developing young scientists from all over the world, the ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents (hence referred to as the ANSO Scholarship) was formally inaugurated in 2019. Every year, 200 Master’s students and 300 PhD students are given financial assistance by the ANSO Scholarship to pursue postgraduate studies at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), or CAS institutes located around China.
- Tuition waiver
- Monthly stipend: 6,000 or 7,000 CNY/month (depending on whether the awardee has passed the qualification test arranged by the University), up to 48 months
- Health insurance
- Application fee waiver
- International travel allowance from awardee’s home country to China (one trip per awarded candidate)
- One-time visa
- NOT hold Chinese citizenship;
- Be nationals of eligible developing countries in the South (Developing Countries in the South | TWAS)
- Be proficient in English or Chinese.
- For PhD program applicants: you should be born after 1st January 1988 (inclusive).
- Eligible applicants should meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS.
- NOT take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
- If the applicant is currently pursuing a doctoral degree at any university/institution in China, s/he will NOT be eligible for the PhD program of this scholarship. Otherwise, s/he will be disqualified from admission and the situation will be reported to the current university/institution
Visit TWAS for further information on the fully funded PhD Scholarship 2023.
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment