Call for applications for For women-led firms. There is the Hi-Innovator Women Accelerator NSSF Uganda Programme 2023. (USD 20,000 grant funding) are open.
Over a five-year period, Hi-Innovator set out to support startup and expanding companies operating in the Ugandan ecosystem. The program seeks to have an effect on 92,400 women who are both employers and employees across Uganda’s five regions, as well as 132,000 kids who are connected to 20 hubs/ESOs throughout the nation. In order to meet this goal, we are starting a women’s accelerator to enable female entrepreneurs from all industries the chance to sharpen their business acumen, expand their companies to become more robust, and boost their competitiveness and ability to access financing. Our goal for this appeal is to provide finance to 100 women-owned or -led firms, with each receiving a grant of USD 20,000, technical support, market connections, and encouragement to get additional investment.
Deadline for Applications: January 31, 2023
The NSSF Hi-Innovator Women Accelerator has been created to offer comprehensive personal agency training as a complement to business technical skill trainings based on the particular demands, contexts, industries, and sizes of the women-owned firms. This is concentrated on cultivating a growth-oriented mindset, equipping women with the knowledge and abilities to overcome social and psychological challenges, and enhancing their personal agency and leadership, all of which we anticipate will have a positive effect on their self-assurance, drive, and resilience.
- Fully registered with the National Social Security Fund, the Uganda Revenue Authority, and the Uganda Registry Services Bureau (URSB) (NSSF). It is acceptable to register for the first time prior to applying.
- The company should have been operating lawfully and continuously in Uganda for at least two years.
- At least two full-time employees work for the company, and at least half of them are under the age of 35.
- The company should have at least 70% women in top management and leadership positions and at least 50% female ownership.
- The company should have generated at least 10 million Uganda Shillings in income last year, and it hasn’t raised more than 1 billion Uganda Shillings in grants, convertible grants, debt, or private equity.
- Has proof that the Hi-Innovator business academy course was successfully completed.
- All types of businesses are welcome to take part.
- Willing to give the NSSF a 6% ownership stake
- The program will provide firms with USD 20,000
- Grant money of USD 20,000 in exchange for a 6% ownership stake in NSSF
- All businesses will have access to customized technical support.
- Opportunities for peer-to-peer learning and mentoring
Investor networking events and links to forward and backward markets
- unlimited access to the Business Academy’s educational materials
- Deadline for Foundation Course: January 31, 2023
- BootCamp: February 6–19, 2023
- Pitch day is February 20–24, 2023.
- Due Diligence: March 6–31, 2023