Uongozi Institute Youth Leadership Competition 2023
Deadline: 10 January, 2023
In order to give the young of Africa and the region’s future leaders a platform to participate in crucial discussions on leadership and sustainable development, the African Leadership Forum (ALF) has organized the Youth Leadership Competition 2023.
African individuals requested to write on their ideas on leadership in relation to a theme associated with the ALF for each competition. The essays should respond to the following question: If you were an African leader, how would you promote African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential in Africa?
Essays extensively assessed based on their originality, organization, ingenuity, suitability for the contest’s theme, and language use. The winners then given the chance to take part in the ALF plenary session and presented with their prizes at a prize-giving ceremony in front of esteemed forum delegates.
With the help of Youth Leadership Competition 2023, African youth and the region’s future leaders will have the chance to discuss leadership as it relates to encouraging intra-African trade and maximizing the continent’s agricultural potential.
- There five winners chosen. Similarly, winners required to design posters that illustrate their concepts. The ALF will display the posters.
- The prize giving event will take place on February 23, 2023, during the ALF Gala Dinner, with winners presented with their awards. Senior leaders from the public, private, and third sectors from all around Africa will attend the ceremony.
- The overall winner will get a cash reward of USD $2,000 and required to recite their essay during the dinner event.
- Outside of Ghana, the chosen winners will need to travel with proper travel papers. The UONGOZI Institute will pay for all travel-related expenses, including lodging, airfare, and visa fees.
- Open to all African citizens between the ages of 18 and 25 including those living abroad.
- Every essay needs to be typed. The minimum and maximum word counts are 500 and 700 respectively.
- The material delivered as a Microsoft Word document, single-spaced, and use Arial font size 11 with page margins of 1 inch (2.54 cm) on either side.
- A documented declaration of originality and ownership of intellectual property rights also submitted by applicants. Here you can get a template.
- Essays will be evaluated based on their originality, creativity, language use, and suitability for the contest theme.
Click here to Enter Competition. For further information, visit Uongozi Institute
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment