Deadline: January 15, 2023
Applications open for the World Journalist Fellowship 2023 ! Submit now.
This Fellowship provides support to international journalists who enroll in one of their graduate programs in journalism at the NYU’s Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute. All of the programs are 3 semesters, except for Global and Joint Program Studies and Literary Reportage, which is 4 semesters:
- The 2023 Fellowship pays for two of the program’s three or four semesters’ worth of tuition and registration costs.
- A stipend of roughly $16,000 will also be given to the fellow for each of the two semesters of the fellowship.
- hold a non-U.S. passport.
- be fluent in English and at least one additional language.
- currently be an independent journalist or a journalist working for an independent news organization (corporate or institutional communications does not qualify).
- have a minimum of two years’ experience at a print or electronic journalism publication by the start of the first day of the program.
- possess a four-year undergraduate degree or a three-year undergraduate degree plus one year of graduate work.
- complete applications for both the fellowship and for admission to the M.A. program in Journalism.
Click here for further information on World Journalist Fellowship 2023