Deadline: December 22, 2022
Apply now for the LEAP Africa Social Innovators Fellowship Programme 2023. The Social Innovators Programme recognizes young changemakers by providing them with the tools and resources they need to launch sustainable social companies.
Young changemakers empowered by LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme (SIP), an accelerator fellowship that takes a comprehensive approach to developing their capacity, contacts, and credibility. It developed as a result of understanding the difficulties most new social entrepreneurs encounter, including the lack of early-stage finance and the lack of resources and connections that impede their development and survival.
For the LEAP Africa Social Innovators Fellowship Programme 2023, a 5-day physical workshop, virtual coaching and networking calls, intensive one-on-one mentoring sessions, monthly virtual webinar sessions, and site visits used to accomplish this.
- Most Outstanding Fellows Award: The Outstanding Fellow Award, given out since the program’s inception, honors a fellow who has demonstrated the principles of sustainable social innovation and the highest level of professionalism throughout the fellowship period. It is the longest-running award given out by the Social Innovators Programme.
- Innocent Chukwuma Social Entrepreneurship Award for Youth and Gender Empowerment in Southeastern Nigeria: This recognizes an outstanding Social Innovators Programme (SIP) alumni in Southeastern Nigeria who has excelled and significantly advanced the causes of youth and gender empowerment after finishing the program.
- Mr. Seyi Bickersteth Prize for Financial Accountability: This award is being reopened by LEAP to recognize an exceptional Social Innovators Programme (SIP) fellow who has applied the knowledge and professional insights they have gained from the fellowship program to upholding financial accountability, transparency, and sustainability in their social enterprise.
- Open to young people between the ages of 18 and 35 whose activities and ideas provide efficient answers to problems in regional communities throughout Anglophone African Countries.
- co-founders/initiators of an organization or foundation with a social purpose in anglophone African nations.
- Prior to the start of the Fellowship, applicants must have been actively managing their venture/enterprise for more than a year.
Visit LEAP Africa for further information.