Deadline: December 4, 2022.
Submit your application to join the UNRISD #CrisesofInequality Media Contest. This competition aims to raise awareness of the need for a new eco-social compact based on ideals of justice, equality, and sustainability by appealing to journalists.
Within the framework of the United Nations, UNRISD functions independently to conduct research and analyze public policy on urgent matters of social concern. Social fairness, inclusion, and justice at the core of their work when it comes to development theory, policy, and practice.
Send your entry to the UNRISD’s #CrisesOfInequality Media Contest if you are a journalist working at the intersection of social and environmental justice and would like to explore the role of elites and policy makers in creating or reducing inequalities, the effects of inequalities and crises on people’s lives, and both individual and group strategies to reclaim rights.
The top three entries selected and awarded a prize as follows:
- 1st prize: USD 1,000
- 2nd prize: USD 750
- 3rd prize: USD 500
- More so, a special prize of USD 500 will be awarded to the best publication from a young (under the age of 30) reporter outside of the top three.
- All press, radio, television, and media actors working in any language eligible to enter the competition.
Entries that qualify must:
- When composing your tale, choose a theme from the UNRISD’s 2022 Flagship Report and make clear references to it. You can access the whole report and a summary of the book here. On request to email@example.com, unofficial translations of the overview document are available in French and Spanish.
- For print entries, the maximum word count is 1,500; for audio entries, the maximum length is 15, and for video entries, it is 5 minutes.
- They accept contributions in any language, but if the work was not created and published in English originally, you must also submit a documented translation (submissions will not be judged on the quality of the translation).
- Between October 21 and December 4, 2022, you must post your story in a media outlet (and not on your own). Use the hashtag #crisesofinequality when posting it on social media.
- Your entry submitted through this submission form by 23:59 on December 4, 2022.
- By 23:59 on December 4, 2022, all further documents and attachments emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: UNRISD Media Contest Submission and your first and last name specified.
For further information, visit UNRISD