Deadline: December 15, 2022.
Applications ope for the Young Professional Development Program (YPDP), a structured two-year program offered by the OPEC Fund, intends to prepare young professionals from its member nations for a career in international development.
They are currently looking for candidates committed to and have a passion for international development, as well as those who have a strong academic record and relevant work experience. Interested in hearing from people who have the motivation and aspiration to support developing nations in overcoming their most pressing obstacles to social, environmental, and economic progress.
What does Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) have to offer?
- The YPDP provides training, coaching, and mentorship, as well as the chance to gain experience in a variety of professional sectors and to connect with other professionals. The program gives emerging professionals the information and abilities needed to fulfill the prerequisites for an entry-level career with the OPEC Fund.
- The YPDP will help young professionals get an understanding of how various departments and/or units contribute to the overall strategic and operational aims of the OPEC Fund. Participants will get the chance to help realize the OPEC Fund’s goal of a future where sustainable development is a reality for everyone through the structured talent management program.
- Participants in the YPDP will obtain useful on-the-job experience, have access to a variety of pertinent learning and development opportunities, rotate around several departments, and receive coaching and mentoring.
- Depending on their performance and the business need, participants who complete the two-year program successfully can be given the opportunity to work with the OPEC Fund.
- OPEC Fund Member Country national
- Be 30 years of age or younger at the time of application
- Have obtained at least a Master’s degree from a reputable university
- Excellent Academic performance
- Be fluent in English
- Proficiency in one or more languages is desirable
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Specialize in a field relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations such as Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, Law, Human Resources, and any other relevant discipline
- Ability to work in a global and culturally diverse institution
- An understanding of the OPEC Fund’s mandate
- Willingness to serve the OPEC Fund, if selected, for a minimum of two years upon completion of the Program
- The deadline for applications is December 15, 2022.
- Successful applicants are chosen following a rigorous selection process. Those offered a place on the YPDP are expected to respond within two weeks.
To apply, candidates must submit:
- A YPDP online application form
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An application essay (in Word or PDF format)
- Academic certificates and transcripts
For further information, visit OPEC Fund