Deadline: December 12th 2022
The Study of the United States Institute (SUSI) for Student Leaders: Economic Empowerment Program for 2023 officially announced by the American Embassy in Tunis. The five-week program will take place beginning in late June 2023.
Participants’ understanding of American history, government, institutions, society, and culture within the framework of the theme will be improved through the SUSI on Economic Empowerment. While exploring sub-themes like economic opportunity and prosperity, creating sustainable economies, economic inequities, financial access and inclusion. Further, entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial ecosystems, social entrepreneurship, social capital development, financial literacy, organizational development and management, and preparing for the future of work, participants will receive an overview of the U.S. economic system and structures.
The Institute will place equal emphasis on American history and modern society, including the ongoing political, social, and economic discussions in a pluralistic society. Through foundational discussions on entrepreneurship and social capital as well as capacity building workshops, participants will also learn about economic empowerment. These hands-on lessons will cover business modeling, leadership and management abilities, and financial literacy.
- Candidates must be Tunisians
- Between the ages of 18 and 25 who have never lived abroad.
- Undergraduate students who have finished at least one semester of college and will still have at least one semester of study left following the SUSI program.
- English proficiency encouraged.
- Click here to download the Microsoft Word application form.
- Applications and a copy of your transcripts (no translation required) emailed to the U.S. Embassy (Tunis_exchange@state.gov) by December 12th, 2022.
- Late submissions not considered. Only shortlisted applicants contacted.
For further information, visit U.S. Embassy in Tunis