Deadline: 13th January 2023
Applications open for Making More Health Accelerator Programme 2023.Submit straight away
The Making More Health Business Accelerator is a structured programme for business expansion aimed at social entrepreneurs with novel health sector solutions. The program provides two stages of participation.
Phase 1, Pilot Phase this runs for 12 months and focuses on supporting entrepreneurs to:
- identify strategic challenges and/or opportunities related to the growth, sustainability and impact of their social enterprises
- co-create and test relevant solutions.
Phase 2, Scale-up Phase runs for 12 months and focuses on supporting participants to scale up successful solutions from the first phase of engagement.
In both phases, participating entrepreneurs provided with access to technical support from Boehringer Ingelheim employees, strategic networks, financial resources, similarly a platform to collaborate, learn and engage with fellow social entrepreneurs plus other ecosystem actors. The accelerator’s main objective is to encourage social entrepreneurs who have creative ideas for improving healthcare access in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Human health
- Animal health
- The program offers participants multiple opportunities for professional growth and development in their entrepreneurial journey. Includes in-person , online workshops and seminars on topics about operations, systems change, replication further more transfer, and social finance, among others.
- Participants have access to experienced employees at Boehringer Ingelheim who volunteer their time to provide hands-on technical support across a variety of professional disciplines.
- Engagement with BI employees may take place virtually or in-person through an Executive in Residence program that has experienced executives placed within the social entrepreneurs’ organizations for between 2-4 weeks to work on specific aspects of the projects.
- Additionally, the program engages a number of consultants to offer tailored expert support to participants in areas such as investor engagement, communications and pitching.
- Accelerator participants become part of an ever growing and more so, closely knit community of ecosystem actors all committed to improving health care access for humans and animals across Africa.
- Successful applicants will also be able to tap into the newly launched Making More Health access network that will potentially leverage the expert engagement and support between the social entrepreneurs and the Boehringer Ingelheim employees.
Financial and Investor access support
- The program provides each participant with a grant of 50k Euro for pilot implementation, with the possibility of additional scale up funds at the end of a successful pilot.
- Participants also receive expert-led investment readiness coaching and support before and after the program to facilitate access to third party investors.
- Further more, the program gives program participants a platform to showcase their innovations and engage a growing community of impact investors at MMH’s annual investor showcase event as well as other external investor access events.
- Legal Entity: Company limited by guarantee, Limited liability company, NGO
- Age: At least three years of operation
- Sector: Human or animal health related.
- Country of operation: Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda.
- Revenue: At least USD 100K in annual sales revenue.
- Impact: Evidence of social impact with clearly defined impact metrics
For further information, click here