Deadline: 15 December 2022
Applications open for the ICANN Fellowship Programme 2023. The Fellowship Program promotes opportunities for people from marginalized and underrepresented populations to participate actively in the ICANN community in order to increase the diversity of the multistakeholder model.
Before, during, and after an ICANN Public Meeting, fellows receive training in a variety of knowledge and skill-building areas, introduced to the operations of the ICANN community, and assigned a mentor. Also provided help with getting to the meeting.
- Returning fellows considered for the Tarek Kamel Fellowship Recognition. The award recognizes outstanding contributions of fellows in furthering ICANN’s capacity development efforts in their respective regions.
- A selected Fellow, who lives or works in African region with technical background considered for Paul Muchene Fellow Award. The Paul Muchene Fellow Award is a tribute to Paul Muchene, an ICANN Fellowship Program participant and ICANN organization staff member who passed away in August 2022.
- The ICANN Fellowship Programme 2023 accepts applications from candidates in different industries and geographical areas.
Participants of the Fellowship Program must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be interested in, or already engaged in, the various components of ICANN’s work in policy building, the operation of the Domain Name System and the security and stability of the global Internet
- Complete mandatory ICANN Learn course(s); learn more here
- Not involved in or associated with other ICANN supported travel programs at time of selection
- Policy Forum applicants must have successfully completed an ICANN Fellowship
- Have previously received no more than two fellowships; second and third time fellows must prove their involvement and engagement in one of the ICANN communities
Recipients of fellowships are anticipated to:
- Participate in a fellowship program mentoring techniques
- Complete additional required ICANN Learn courses
- Participate in all mandatory activities at the ICANN Public Meeting, such as the ICANN Fellowship sessions held during the ICANN Meeting,
- Network with program alumni and community members.
- The post-meeting survey must be finished.
- After completing the Fellowship Program, participants are urged to actively participate in the ICANN policy formulation processes and the Fellowship alumni network.
Visit ICANN for further information