Deadline: January 15 2023
The American University in Cairo currently welcoming applications for fully funded African Graduate Fellowships 2023.Submit yours now!
For intelligent, driven African students interested in earning a master’s degree at The American University in Cairo(AUC) , there is a competitive scholarship program called the African Graduate Fellowships 2023. Each year, fellowships made available to citizens of African nations (excluding Egyptians) for full-time study in any of the graduate programs offered at the AUC, for nine credits or as specified by the program.
With a review for satisfactory academic performance every semester, the fellowship given for a maximum of five semesters and one intervening summer session. The length of the graduate program in counseling psychology may be increased to a maximum of seven semesters.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University residences at AUC New Cairo campus
- May cover remedial English language requirements
- Non-Egyptian African nationals
- African nationals with dual non-African nationality not eligible
- Open to all disciplines of graduate studies
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; admission to one of the graduate programs in AUC, satisfying AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Financial need
- Fellows are required to complete 12 hours per week of related academic work at the full-time level.
- Maintain a 3.2 GPA at all times.
- If the fellow engages in teaching assistantship responsibilities, a mandatory training for teaching assistants completed in accordance with university rules.
- Click here for more information and specifics about teaching assistantships.
- Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
- Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application
- Deadline: January 15 for the fall semester and October 17 for the spring semester.
For further information, visit AUC