Deadline: 8th December 2022
Young people politically engaged and interested invited to apply to the Young Leaders Forum 2023 intake by the Friedrich-Ebert-Uganda Stiftung’s office (YLF). The Young Leadership Forum (YLF) is a program of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES), with a mission to inspire young people to promote social justice and effective government in Uganda by advancing their knowledge of politics, society, and the economy.
The Young Leaders Forum 2023 program, which will run from February to October 2023, consists of eight modules, the majority of which are policy- or issue-based and last two days each. External specialists will lead the training sessions, which will include lectures, workshops, and interactive activities. FES is entirely funding the training.
- Women and PWDs strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Ugandan citizenship or proof of residency for non-citizens.
- Aged between 18 and 30 years.
- Have a minimum of “A” level education.
- Have proven commitment to public affairs, community involvement or advocacy.
Each application must be accompanied by:
- An updated and complete CV with three referees.
- Copies of “A” level certificate and any other academic transcripts if applicable.
- A letter of motivation for participation and future plans relating to the programme (you should clearly state your expectations towards the programme and how you would use your acquired knowledge & skills to make an impact in society).
- Online applications should be sent to fes.uganda(at)fes.de (attached as one PDF document)
- Applications in envelopes marked “FES – YLF intake X” should be sent to:
Plot 5B, John Babiiha Avenue, Kololo
P O Box 3860, Kampala, Uganda
Tel +256-393-264565/ +256-757-345535
- Deadline for application is Thursday, 8th December 2022.
- Only complete applications considered.
Visit FES for further information