Twelve Young Water Professionals (YWPs) from around the world. Will be mobilized by the International Water Association (IWA) and Grundfos Youth Action for SDG6 Fellowship to actively engage in the UN 2023 Water Conference in New York, USA. Following the conference, the chosen YWPs will collaborate with Grundfos personnel and the IWA to create a publication. (Applications open for IWA-Grundfos ‘Youth Action for SDG 6’ Fellowship)
Application Deadline November 30, 2022
About the Selection of The Young Water Professionals YWP
The selection of the YWPs will take into account gender diversity, regional and national representation, and IWA’s strategic goals to promote and establish a gender and geographically balanced water sector. Per region, a maximum of two YWPs may be chosen (Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean, North America and Oceania). Additionally, the selection process will guarantee that at least half of the participants are women and that at least six come from low-income nations.
IWA – International water Association will continue to make efforts to guarantee that the YWP delegation can take part in panels, seminars, round tables, and other conference-related events. They will get the chance to network, interact with global leaders, and learn during these sessions.
The chosen candidates are expected to participate in an IWA webinar series and an IWA YWP Global Coordination Call (organized by the IWA Secretariat and the IWA YWP Steering Committee) after the conference, in addition to the publication previously mentioned, to share their lessons learned from the UN 2023 Water Conference and any significant decisions and commitments made during the event.
Applications will be accepted up until November 25, 2022. English-language applications will be accepted. Candidates must provide the required paperwork, complete this online form, and agree to the rules of the selection process. It is advised that candidates include as many specifics as they can to back up their application. Candidates need to offer:
- 2 pages at most for a curriculum vitae; 1 page at most for a motivational letter;
- Reference letter from an IWA member, no more than one letter;
- 1-page writing sample on a water-related subject the applicant want to contribute to and discuss at the UN Water Conference;
- a one-page project proposal outlining each candidate’s contribution to the work.
- A single PDF file must be created and saved with all the documents together. The candidates are advised to proceed in the manner listed above.
The IWA Secretariat will analyze the applications and make a preliminary evaluation. The IWA Secretariat, the IWA YWP Steering Committee, and a representative from Grundfos will then interview the shortlisted candidates. The final week of November 2022 will be used for interviews, and the chosen candidates will be notified by the middle of December 2022.
The following eligibility standards must be satisfied by the applicants:
- a minimum age of 18 and a maximum age of 35 on the day of the UN Water Conference (22–24 March 2023);
- being a current IWA member, as the IWA Secretariat will check membership status;
- demonstrate your dedication to bringing about constructive change in the water industry;
- Show leadership potential; Address important regional or global challenges in their current work;
- possess a history of coming up with powerful and novel solutions for the water sector;
- possess a basic understanding of English.
The Fellowship will pay for any necessary ground transportation, lodging, subsistence, air travel, travel insurance, and visa application costs. Relevant applicants will receive complete information during the selection process.
The IWA Secretariat will be in charge of making travel arrangements for the chosen candidates, including lodging, airfare, and travel insurance. The chosen people are in charge of obtaining their visas for the USA, the Schengen region, and Kigali in their home nations.