Deadline: 20 November 2022
Applications open for TVARAN: Accelerating Women Entrepreneurs driving Climate Resilience Programme.
Villgro’s TVARAN is a market access program, and Cisco CSR is behind the project. The program aims to promote the development and growth of female-led social enterprises engaged in climate action. Five female entrepreneurs will be chosen for market connections, pilot/trial facilitation, technical assistance, and mentorship by Villgro and Cisco Corporate Social Responsibility based on the applicants’ Go-To-Market strategies, which will be requested of them.
Paul Basil established Villgro in 2001 with the goal of establishing significant, creative, and prosperous social enterprises. Their approach is fundamentally based on the conviction that market-based models are an effective means of addressing social issues and making a large-scale impact. These models can be made to have a long-lasting social impact by equipping them with the necessary tools and information.
They take on the roles of the business partners and entrepreneurs, more so welcome ambiguity, strive for greatness, and see endless possibilities. Villgro takes the initiative and seizes chances, similarly, in all of their interactions, they are open, honest, and straightforward.
Beginning in February 2023, the six-month acceleration phase will hasten the market presence of innovations in several areas, including climate-smart agriculture, water and waste management, and renewable energy.
Focus Areas for TVARAN: Accelerating Women Entrepreneurs driving Climate Resilience programme
- Renewable energy
- Livelihoods & Job creation
- Sustainable Mobility: Rural & Urban
- Water and waste management
- Climate Smart Agriculture
- INR 20L towards individual Go-To-Market plans
- Technology and Business Mentorship from Cisco’s Senior Leadership
- Technical Assistance towards deployment of solutions, pilots, trials
- Market connections and partnerships support
- Investor connections and readiness support
- Social enterprise with minimum 50%-woman ownership
- Solution that addresses climate change
- Solution that is market-ready and/or already has a market presence
Click here to apply