Deadline: 30 November 2022
Apply right away for the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) Postdoctoral Fellowship programme 2023, which will fully fund your research for 12 months with the option of an additional 12 months, on subjects that are relevant to one or more of the organization’s objectives.
IIASA Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023 is designed to prepare highly prepared early-career postdoctoral researchers to conduct research at their international research institute, headquartered close to Vienna, Austria. As a pioneer in systems analysis, IIASA carries out multidisciplinary, policy-oriented research on problems that are too big or complicated to be handled by a single nation or field. International cooperation is required to address these issues, which include climate change, biodiversity, energy security, and sustainable development.
- A network of international collaborators, many of whom have had highly successful careers in their own specialized scientific fields, will be available to the fellow, who will not only gain first-hand experience applying systems analysis to real-world problems and issues but will also have access to this network, potentially enhancing future career prospects.
- Candidates should have held their PhD for less than five years at the application deadline.
- The IIASA postdoctoral fellowship requires you to be present at IIASA; please do not apply if you need to stay away from the institute for you research, or expect IIASA to fund field research.
- Open to applicants of all nationalities
- Please review the postdoctoral fellowship guidelines prior to applying.
Selection of successful candidates will base on the following criteria
- Quality of the research
- Novelty of the research
- Candidate’s merits
- Cross-cutting potential
- January 2023 – Selected fellows will be notified
- June 2023 – Preferred commencement of fellowship
Visit IIASA for further information