IDC Green Tourism Incentive Programme 2023 (grant of up to R1 million)
Deadline: 28 February 2023
Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) currently welcoming applications for the Green Tourism Incentive Programme 2023.Don’t miss out submit yours now!
The Department of Tourism’s Green Tourism Incentive Programme (GTIP) created with the primary goal of encouraging and aiding privately owned tourism businesses to adopt ethical tourism practices by implementing systems to lower their energy and water usage and costs.
The GTIP was first introduced in 2017 and evaluated in 2021, resulting in further advantages for the tourism industry in terms of the implementation of solutions for the sustainable management and utilization of power and water.
For Green Tourism Incentive Programme 2023, financial support under the GTIP administered by the IDC, given to eligible small and microtourism businesses in the form of a grant of up to R1 million for the installation of energy and water efficiency solutions.
- The GTIP covers the full cost for a new resource efficiency audit as well as the full cost for reviewing an existing audit
- The GTIP will appoint an assessor from its approved panel to conduct resource efficiency audits to determine the best possible solutions implemented. The assessor will also review existing audits where applicable
- The GTIP offers grant funding on a sliding scale from 50% to 90% of the total cost of the approved energy and water efficiency solutions up to a capped amount of R1 million.
- Similarly, the balance covered by the applicant (either through own resources or from other reputable funding institutions including the IDC
- The grant will not cover the VAT portion for VAT registered enterprises; however, this will be covered by the applicants as they may claim it back
- The GTIP will cover the VAT portion for non-VAT registered enterprises; in the event of the enterprise registering for VAT and claiming such costs related to the project, the enterprise expected to pay back the VAT portion to the GTIP
- The grant funding paid directly to service providers/installers
There are two stages to the application process:
- Phase 1: Energy and water efficiency audit and identification of appropriate solution(s).
- Phase 2: Application for funding to implement recommended solution(s).
For further information visit IDC
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment