Deadline: 25 January 2023
Apply now for the Rise Challenge 2023 a program of the Rhodes Trust and Schmidt Futures. Rise hosts the Rise Challenge every year and welcomes 15–17-year-olds from all over the world to take part. In contrast to many traditional applications, Rise gives applicants many opportunities to demonstrate their potential through videos, projects, and group interviews.
They provide candidates the choice of sending in text responses if they don’t have access to a video recording device. Also, they provide a low-tech option through paper applications for those without access to technology. The Rise Challenge invites participants to, among other things, peer evaluate the projects of other participants and develop an individual initiative that showcases their skills and improves their communities.
Rise Global Winners come from all over the world and excel in a variety of fields. Some people might be exceptional in the arts or STEM sectors, while others might have a knack for community service and planning. All Rise Global Winners demonstrate the five Rise Traits:
Rise chooses up to 100 Global Winners from among the 500 Finalists, who will each enjoy a variety of rewards while helping others. These include:
- Residential Summit
- Programming & Education
- Global Winner Network
- Higher Education Scholarships
- Technology Package
- As of July 1, 2023, applicants for the 2023 cohort must be between the ages of 15 and 17, which means they must have been born on or between July 2, 2005, and July 1, 2008, in order to qualify.
- It makes no difference where they are from, what their educational background is, or where they currently reside. We want to hear from them whether they are passionate about science, invention, technology, art, politics, community organizing, or any other field.
- An organization called Rise seeks out talented individuals who lack opportunities and supports them while they endeavor to help others. They are aware that there are additional difficulties that prevent great people from assisting others throughout their lives in addition to economic ones.
A peer review
- A randomly chosen group of your peers will evaluate your video comments based on their Rise Traits. A composite score will be calculated using the information you provided throughout the application process in addition to this review.
- A panel of judges will examine the entries that received the highest marks. International judges from various backgrounds and specialties make up the panel of judges.
- A total of 500 Finalists may be chosen to take part in the activities and interviews. A second assessment group that chooses up to 100 Global Winners further assesses these applications.
- Your short essay responses, reviews of others’ responses, reviews of your own responses, your project, profile information, and other evaluations are all elements of the application’s jigsaw puzzle. Throughout the Rise Challenge, every element counts and comes together to create a complete picture of you as a candidate.