Apply for the TechGirls Programme For Young Women. Through hands-on skill development training with American technologists. The TechGirls summer exchange program in the United States encourages and supports young women (aged 15 to 17) from the United States and a few other countries to pursue further education and careers in the STEM disciplines.
The program’s core is a roughly ten-day technology camp held on the campus of a U.S. institution. It gives participants an in-depth look at cutting-edge technologies as well as several educational and career routes in STEM subjects.
Deadline: December 16, 2022
The camp is supplemented by extracurricular activities like site visits to technological companies, leadership seminars, job shadowing possibilities, volunteer work in the community, social events, and homestays with Americans. The TechGirls carry out at least one peer training session or community service initiative as part of the program’s continuation in their schools and/or communities.
The TechGirls initiative constantly monitored. It seeks to quickly address the issues and concerns before advancing the ideal solutions. Staff is always on hand to offer career advice and support with cultural adaptations. Additionally, participants get any necessary medical care under the supervision of CPR-certified staff. Aspirants from all religions are able to practice their religion openly thanks to the Tech Girls initiative. When it’s feasible, students who are concerned about adhering to Halal or Haram dietary regulations offered the right meals in accordance with their needs. It gives young people the social and practical learning abilities that will benefit the world’s female workforce for the rest of their lives.
Benefits of the TechGirls Program
- International travel costs from one’s home country to the US.
- There will be a housing allowance (dorm accommodations for two people).
- Three meals every day are provided.
- There is local transit available.
- The opportunity to take part in cultural events hosted by Legacy worldwide.
- Insurance for medical emergencies offered.
TechGirls Exchange Program eligibility requirements
Candidates must be citizens of one of the qualifying nations in Sub-Saharan Africa, East Asia and the Pacific, the Middle East and North Africa, South and Central Asia, the Western Hemisphere, Europe and Eurasia, or the United States.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 15 and 17 when the program first begins.
- Highly skilled candidates who have a passion for math, engineering, or technology during their studies.
- Candidates must be interested in pursuing advanced studies and a career in technology.
- Candidates need to be proficient in the English language.
- Candidates must demonstrate maturity, adaptability, and an open mind.
- Candidates must be prepared to stay in school for at least one more semester after returning to their native nation.
- Candidates must be prepared to finish a community service assignment when they return home.
- Candidates who have never visited the USA before or who haven’t in the past three years are preferred.
- Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, and South Africa are all nations in Sub-Saharan Africa (AF).
- Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam are all part of East Asia and the Pacific (EAP).
- Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, the Palestinian Territories, Tunisia, and other countries in the Middle East and North Africa (NEA)
- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan are all countries in South and Central Asia (SCA).
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Suriname make up the Western Hemisphere (WHA).
- Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey are all part of Europe and Eurasia (in EUR).
- America, the United States of
- View 2022 Free Online Internships with Free Certificates
How to Apply for the USA TechGirls International Exchange Program?
- Prior to beginning the TechGirls 2022 application, a candidate must register on the official website.
- To apply, candidates must log into their accounts.
- Before applying, an applicant should have the necessary documentation.
- Recent transcript from the school.
- There are eight essay questions that must be answered.
- PassPort Number (If accessible)