Approximately 120 new students from the Chinese Mainland and abroad enroll in the Yenching Academy each year to study, live, and learn together. Around 80% of the student body is made up of international students. (Yenching Academy Scholarship of peking University 2023)
Candidates should possess:
- a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, or enrollment in a program leading to a degree that will be conferred by August 31, 2023
- exemplary academic performance;
- strong desire to study China multidisciplinary;
- extracurricular accomplishments, involvement in the community, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English language ability.
Peking University does not let its students to simultaneously enroll in other degree programs.
- Candidates can submit their applications online at Yenching Academy. The following materials must be submitted in English, and each candidate must register for an account on the Yenching Academy admissions website.
- filled out the online application;
- Personal statement, no more than 750 words.
- (Maximum 1500 words, without citations) Statement of Research Interest;
- a curriculum vitae
- a certified transcript;
- diploma(s) or enrollment certificate(s);
- two letters of recommendation from professors;
English Minimum requirements
- Overall IELTS (Academic) score: 7.0
- TOEFL (iBT) score: 100 overall
- Overall 185 on the Cambridge English Scale (Advanced).
- CET 6: 600 in total
- TEM 4: Pass level “” or above.
English proficiency test results are not necessary for native English speakers or graduates of degree programs (undergraduate or higher) taught in English.
* English language examinations like the TOEFL and IELTS must be done after September 1, 2021. We do not currently accept IELTS Indicator scores, TOEFL MyBest Scores, or TOEFL iBT Home Edition.
* English test submissions: For the IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge exams, we will only accept results that have been given to us directly by these organizations. When scheduling the exam time, be sure to choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the chosen recipient of your results. Use the institution code C488 when taking the TOEFL.
Once the applicant has made an account and has access to the admissions site, more information will be available there.