2022–2024 NEXT EINSTEIN FORUM AMBASSADORS PROGRAM
The announcement of a call for applications for its new class of NEF Ambassadors has The Next Einstein Forum (NEF) buzzing (2022-2024). Young Africans who excel in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) and social sciences in their home nations make the best prospects – NEXT EINSTEIN FORUM AMBASSADORS PROGRAM
Submission Deadline: October 24, 2022
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences’ (AIMS) Next Einstein Forum (NEF) is a program for involving the general population (AIMS). Established in 2013 after it became clear that there was no event taking place on African territory where the brightest actors from the continent’s and the world’s diverse communities of research, business, civil society, and policy could unite to use science for global development. Furthermore, there was no forum where subjects could be treated strategically and comprehensively, with chances for cross-fertilization. The public is frequently overlooked in the design and outcomes of the forums that already exist. Women, young people, and those with disabilities were frequently notably underrepresented in these forums when it came to speaking or participation chances.
The NEF supported by four pillars: the NEF Platform, the NEF Community of Scientists, and the NEF Global Gatherings. The NEF also has two cross-cutting commitments: one to gender equity and the other to scientific excellence, which covers both research and education. Young STEM leaders under the age of 42, one from each African nation, serve as the NEF Ambassadors and direct the organization’s outreach initiatives. Through the connections with the NEF that provide chances for mentorship and partnerships with seasoned researchers, they can advance their own careers while participating in activities like the NEF Africa Science Week program. The NEF Ambassadors’ term of office is two years.
- a person must be 42 years old or younger (born on or after January 1, 1980);
- a citizen and resident of an African nation having a track record of civic participation and leadership;
- Advanced education or professional certifications, independent work, examples of demonstrated ingenuity and entrepreneurship, etc.—a PhD is not always necessary;
- All STEM subjects, including the basic sciences, health sciences, and social science fields, encouraged to submit applications;
- outstanding writing and critical thinking skills, as well as the ability to work well in a team context;
- exhibited a passion for enhancing Africa’s standing in the social and/or natural sciences;
- Able to clearly speak to an audience in either English or French. Further more having an active work or study profile indicated through an active online or social media presence.
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates.
- Join Nobel Prize winners, heads of state and government, and leaders of the world’s top corporations and civil society at the renowned, invitation-only NEF Global Gathering. Travel costs for ambassadors to the NEF Global Gathering covered.
- Take part in events during and after the NEF Global Gathering, such as interviews, panels, the presentation of research, NEF projects, and publications on STEM and innovation.
- the chance to host the biennial NEF Africa Science Week in your nation.
- The community of NEF readers greatly exposed to NEF Ambassadors.
- the chance to network with other professionals, NEF Ambassadors, NEF Fellows, and world-class scientists, social scientists, and technology leaders;
- enlist in the esteemed NEF Community of Scientists;
- the chance to apply for the NEF Fellows program after your tenure is over;
- to publish their own work and to use NEF publications and documents to impact STEM and innovation policy;
- get the chance to present their own work and ideas to prominent NEF members, helping to build a favorable image of science in Africa on a worldwide scale.
Leave a Comment