The International Peace Research Association Foundation invites applications for the Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies 2023-2024 for Women from countries in the Global South. Dorothy Senesh was a long-time activist for international peace and justice. Her husband, Lawrence Senesh, established this fellowship following her death in 1989.
Deadline: January 15, 2023
The International Peace Research Association Foundation (IPRA) founded in 1990 as a non-profit, tax-exempt organization. The Foundation’s purpose is to promote peace research and scholarship throughout the world. The first award was made at the IPRA 25th Anniversary conference, July 1990, in Groningen, Netherlands and made biennially (every other year) ever since.
- Two women receive school expenses in the amount of $5,000 per year for two years.
- The Dorothy Senesh Fellowship available to women from countries in the Global South who have completed a Bachelor’s degree, who have been accepted into a graduate program, and whose graduate work is to be focused on issues related to the goals of the IPRA Foundation.
- Funds only dispersed when the selected candidate is admitted into a graduate program. Awards considered based on need; therefore, students with substantial funding sources less likely to receive consideration for the award.
- This fellowship is not for research purposes and proposals. Do not apply if you are male, an undergraduate, or if not from a country in the Global South.
- Applications due by January 15, 2023.
- Announcement of the Awards made by April 1, 2023.
The link to the English, Spanish or French Application form.
Fellowship required application materials:
- Application (English, Spanish or French)
- Letter of Acceptance to your graduate program (may be pdf)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (recommenders must email letters directly to Ms. Crystal Money.)
- Email one copy of the application form to program administrative assistant philip armor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit IPRA for further information on Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies 2023-2024 for Women from Countries in the Global South