Deadline: October 21, 2022
Expedia Group is excited to launch the Open World™ Accelerator Program, an initiative designed to advance innovation in the travel industry by helping startups and small and medium businesses (SMBs) fast-track their growth, and innovate on its purpose-built Open World™ technology platform.
The six-month, non-equity remote accelerator is open for startups and SMBs around the world, and features two programs:
- Objective: Tying into the Open World™ social impact and sustainability strategy, this program aims to empower startups and SMBs in the travel and hospitality ecosystem using the Expedia Group platform.
- Objective: Fast-track new platform capabilities through co-development with selected startups and SMBs on Expedia’s Open World™ platform.
- Growth: Access to Expedia Group insights and tech to accelerate your organic growth and product development including access to Expedia Group products such as: Travel Agent Affiliate Program, Media Solutions, Affiliate Hub.
- Knowledge Development: Regular coaching and mentoring sessions by Expedia Group and external traveltech experts, in addition to workshops to advance both product and business roadmaps.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with a community of like-minded travel tech innovators and participate in two in-person events: (1) Program Opening at Expedia Group’s HQ in January 2023, and (2) Program Closure/Demo Day in May 2023. Travel for both in-person events will be covered by Expedia Group.
- Brand Exposure: Expedia Group press, social media, and website amplification will boost your visibility in industry and investment communities.
- Financial support: Access to up to $20,000 USD non-equity grant per selected participant company.
- Partnership Opportunities: Opportunity to explore potential commercial and/or tech partnerships with Expedia Group.
If you are a startup or SMB meeting these criteria, they invite you to apply:
- Tech or tech-enabled and must have at least a have a product or service built to the MVP (minimum viable product) stage.
- Incorporated in the last 10 years or less
- Have a mission, objective or focus to increase accessibility and/or inclusivity within the travel industry
- We are committed to diversifying the travel ecosystem and highly encourage startups and SMBs with underrepresented founders/leaders to apply.
Application and Selection process
- The applications will be reviewed by a diverse selection committee. The process involves an initial screening based on the application form, followed by a final screening via video interview.
The selection criteria are as follows:
- Clarity of problem statement and potential addressable market
- Uniqueness of product/solution
- Traction and scalability potential
- Team makeup and experience
- Mission, objective or focus to increase accessibility and/or inclusivity within the travel industry
- Quality of presentation (if applicant moves to interview round)
Visit Expedia Group for further information on Open World™ Accelerator Program