Michigan State University (MSU) Nnamdi Azikiwe International African Student Fellowship 2022
The African Studies Center is pleased to announce the Nnamdi Azikiwe International African Student Fellowship 2022! A fellowship of up to $2,000 which will support international African students travel to Africa for research.
Deadline: October 30 2022
The award honors former Nigerian President Nnamdi Azikiwe, a scholar and politician, who led Nigeria as its first civilian president and who invited MSU faculty to join him and other Nigerians to build a land-grant model university in Eastern Nigeria. This became the University of Nigeria at Nsukka, had a distinguished educational history, and was the beginnings of the MSU African Studies faculty, now approximately 100 scholars spanning many colleges and departments.
The African Studies Center recognizes that international African students studying at MSU have limited opportunities to apply for grants and fellowships to conduct research in Africa – usually reserved for citizens and permanent residents of the United States. For this reason,
- Only African undergraduate or graduate students conducting research in Africa are eligible for this fellowship.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an MSU degree-granting program, and awardees must return to MSU as registered students in the semester following the award.
- Priority given to students in good academic standing and with demonstrated financial need.
- Applicants must successfully complete any MSU requirements related to doing research abroad (IRB training for instance)
- Fellowship recipients must write and submit a report (3 to 5 pages) to the African Studies Center within one month of their return from Africa.
- One or more fellowships of up to $ 2,000 awarded for travel and/or fieldwork expenses in Africa. Funds meant to defray costs, more so students expected to find additional funds if costs will exceed granted amount.
- The fellowship program administered by the African Studies Center. Selection of winners is determined by an African Studies Award Selection Committee with members appointed by the Center Director. The submission window is from September 1st to October 30th.
Visit MSU for further information on Nnamdi Azikiwe International African Student Fellowship 2022
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates.
Leave a Comment