Deadline: 31 November 2022
Are you an entrepreneur running a micro or small enterprise that contributes to sufficient, safe and/or nutritious food and agricultural production in Ethiopia? Or do you have a clear idea and an implementation strategy for a business that you would like to start? Then the new WIDU FoodCallEthiopia 2022 (A Local Call) is your opportunity to scale-up or start off your business!
In response to the increased needs in terms of food security in Ethiopia, WIDU is now launching a #FoodCall through which micro businesses or business ideas that contribute to sufficient, safe and/or nutritious food and agricultural production can get grants and coaching. Target sectors of the WIDU FoodCallEthiopia 2022 (A Local Call) include:
- Farming & food production
- Food processing
- Nutritional health
- Reduction of food waste
- IT & data for food security
- 50-100 applicants selected to receive a WIDU grant and business coaching.
- The grant amount calculated by multiplying your investment by 2.5
- 1 (minimum amounts): For your investment of 14.000 ETB, you will receive 35.000 ETB as a grant.
- 2 (maximum amounts): For your investment of 55.000 ETB, you will receive 137.500 ETB as a grant.
- Applicants need to hold the Ethiopian citizenship
- Applicants need to be 18+ years old
- Applicants need to either have an existing small business or a concrete business idea
- Female entrepreneurs specifically encouraged to apply.
- Applications can be submitted online up to 31.11.2022
- The application process is entirely online. If you have any difficulties with the online processes, please email them: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the closing of the application period, the most promising applications (50-100) will be selected. You will be informed of the decision by e-mail.
Multiple selection criteria taken into consideration:
- Impact on food security and nutrition
- Overall quality of application (completeness, coherence, etc.)
- Employment creation
- Creation of income
- Degree of innovation