Deadline: December 11 2022
Apply now for the THRIVE / SHELL Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge 2022. The THRIVE / Shell Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge aims to identify and support top start-up and scale-up innovators who are driving the global transformation to climate-smart agriculture practices. The challenge aligns with Shell’s Powering Progress strategy and the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals. If your start-up or scale-up company fits with the challenge themes, apply now!
The key goal of the challenge is to identify and promote innovations that help farmers to:
ENHANCE LAND: Solutions that promote carbon sequestration and avoid emissions while improving soil health.
CONNECT FARMS: Solutions to improve farm connectivity to access carbon markets and carbon financing.
MEASURE SOIL: Solutions that measure and quantify soil carbon, soil health, and greenhouse gas emissions
The Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge is open to start-ups and scale-ups located around the world
Pre-seed to seed stage: Start-ups will be screened based on:
- Novel: is the idea fundamentally different, disruptive and unproven?
- Valuable: could the idea create substantial new value if it works?
- Doable: is there a plan to prove the concept quickly and affordably?
- Relevant: is the idea relevant to the future of climate-smart agriculture?
- Series A +
- Proven scalability of a base business and formalized business model
- Detailed plan outlining:
- Marketing reach
- Team structure
- Key product offering
Winners will be selected to receive
- FUNDING: Up to $100,000 in funding to develop a proof of concept
- ELIGIBLE FOR INVESTMENT: Considered or eligible for investment from Shell Ventures if investment criteria met
- SHELL GAMECHANGER: Acceptance into the Shell GameChanger program with access to coaching and additional funding opportunities
- THRIVE TOP 50 FAST-TRACK: Receive automatic nomination for THRIVE’s TOP 50 AgTech & FoodTech Listings
- MARKET VALIDATION: Potential pilot opportunities with Shell
- PUBLICITY: Gain brand recognition through THRIVE media and brand exposure across various channels
- AWARD-WINNING THRIVE ACCELERATOR: Selected applicants will secure placement in THRIVE’s Accelerator Program in 2024
- MENTORSHIP & COACHING: Access THRIVE’s extensive ecosystem of industry experts & receive focused startup coaching
- THRIVE ECOSYSTEM: Be shortlisted for future partnership opportunities with THRIVE’s network
Visit THRIVE for further information on THRIVE / SHELL Climate-Smart Agriculture Challenge 2022