Applications now open for UNESCO International Competition on Green and Accessible Cities 2022. An accessible and inclusive environment is the foundation for all people, including persons with disabilities, to participate fully and equally in society. UNESCO is committed to promoting the construction of an accessible information and physical environment for all, including the construction of inclusive cities.
Co-organized by UNESCO Beijing Cluster Office and Wuhan University of Technology in China, the UNESCO International Competition on Green and Accessible Cities 2022 aims to promote the construction of an accessible environment. More so advocate for the development of inclusive cities while taking into consideration of environmental impact.
Participants invited to carry out urban design projects to ensure accesibility and inclusivity for a newly developed district within Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China. Similarly, Participants expected to take into consideration of concerns regarding environmental protection, sustainability, and the protection of historical buildings.
Participants invited to conduct research studies and submit original papers including research analysis, case studies, best practices, and recommendations that shed light on the conceptual, theoretical and/or practical aspect of an accessible environment at community, district, or city level.
- Awards include first prize, second prize, third prize, excellence award, and excellent instructor award.
- Winners will be selected and awarded at the International Academic Conference and Award-winning Ceremony in December 2022.
- The Competition gives full play to the innovative ability of university students worldwide.
- Students enrolled in universities (including full-time undergraduate students, postgraduate students, and doctoral students) are eligible to participate in the competition as individuals or in teams.
- Universities encouraged to recommend students to participate in the competition.
Click here to register.
Contact the Communication and Information Sector (email@example.com) at UNESCO Beijing Cluster Office for inquiries regarding the Competition.
Deadline: 31 October 2022
Submission of work: 1 September – 30 November 2022