Deadline: October 12 2022
Apply now for the Science by Women Contest 2022!
Science by Women announces its first competition with the aim of giving continuity to the research that the beneficiaries of the programme have been carrying out during their six-month stays in the different associated Spanish centres. The competition has two categories:
- Scientific Dissemination
- Technology Transfer
The main goal of Science by Women Contest 2022 is to give continuity to the projects that the women participants of the program carry out during their research stays. “Science by Women” therefore goes a step further and prioritizes the impact of these projects in the countries of origin of the women.
Scientific dissemination, technology transfer and innovation have proven to be key elements for the sustainable development of societies. Ensuring that the research carried out by the beneficiaries has an impact in their countries of origin is a priority for Science by Women which, through this competition, aims to take the next unavoidable step: the implementation of projects and initiatives that benefit the welfare of local communities and give visibility to the transformative power of science done by women.
- Scientific Dissemination with an award of €4,000 gross.
- Technology Transfer with an award of €7,000 gross.
One finalist project selected for each category. After the selection, the winning scientist will receive 50% of the total amount (after deducting the applicable tax of 24%) and, after two months, will have to submit the technical and economic report. Once approved by the Women for Africa Foundation, she will receive the final balance of 50% of the total amount (after deduction of the applicable tax of 24%)
- The competition is open to women scientists who have completed or are currently completing their research stays in any of the seven editions of Science by Women.
- The projects and initiatives (science or technology-based ventures) submitted must be developed in the African country of origin of the candidates.
- Women scientists who, at the date of publication of this competition, have not yet started their research stay are not eligible to apply.
- Only one project proposal may be submitted, so they will have to choose which category best meets their objectives.
- The project proposal document must include: introduction, relevance, objectives, methodology, timeline and impact and monitoring as well as detailed budget. In addition, attach an updated CV.
- The evaluation and selection criteria include: quality, environmental and economic sustainability, social impact and commitment to gender equality.
- Women scientists whose projects are selected by the jury undertake to provide a proof of expenses within two months of receiving the first payment and at the end of the project.
- Projects submitted by email to email@example.com.