Deadline: 8 October 2022
The Southern African Youth Forum (SAYoF) invites interested youth to apply for the opportunity to become next Southern Africa Climate Change Youth Envoy.
The call follows the hosting of the 4th SADC Youth Forum in Johannesburg, South Africa which will be attended by young people from sixteen Southern African countries, government representatives and international organizations. more so civil society representatives, academia among other stakeholders.
The Forum which focuses on the theme, “SADC Youth Call for Climate Action: Promoting Peace further more Good Governance for Sustainable Environment’’,through the 4th SADC Youth Forum Declaration Forum deliberated and recommended among other things the institutionalization of the Southern Africa Climate Change Youth Envoy. Realizing the agent need for young people in Southern Africa to take action, complement governments, and proffer solutions towards climate justice.
Similarly, this call for the appointment of the Southern Africa Climate Change Youth Envoy is a vehicle to show young people’s commitment to protecting their environment, inclusion in climate discussion, negotiations, solutions, fighting climate change, and championing sustainable development issues.
The three pillars of the Envoy’s office will promote youth participation in the climate action agenda, advocacy for progressive climate policies in SADC more so building partnerships for climate action with stakeholders at different levels of society. Candidates expected to present demonstrable experience in.
- Youth between ages of 18 to 33.
- Citizen of a SADC member state.
- Resident in a SADC country and intention to remain resident in SADC for the duration of the term in office.
- Relevant experience in climate change issues in communities, NGOs, private sector and/or government.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a reputable individual or organization that attests to your character and climate change work.
- letter must appear on an official letter head of the organization issued and signed by the relevant referee.