Deadline: 27th September 2022
Apply now for the Huawei Seeds for the Future Program 2022. A program which seeks to develop local ICT talent, enhance knowledge sharing, and improve people’s understanding of and interest in the ICT industry. Globally, it encourages countries across different regions to participate in the construction of digital communities.
A seed for the Future Program is Huawei’s global CSR flagship program that was launched in 2008. Since 2014, Huawei and ICT Authority have worked together to build a stronger ICT ecosystem through promoting ICT skills and capacity through the program in Kenya thus helping ICT professionals fill the gaps between theory and practice and master the required skills.
The Seeds for the Future program 2022 will still be held virtually for the second consecutive year .Over last 7 years the program has taken over 120 interns through training at the Huawei offices in Nairobi and out of these 47 have traveled to China for further two week training on Chinese culture and latest technological innovations at the Huawei headquarters.
Additionally, Huawei has provided employment to 7 outstanding interns both directly and indirectly. Last year, 60 outstanding students went through the virtual program interacting with experts from across the globe on matters technology, leadership, business just to name a few.
- A 5-day online experience around technology and culture:
- History on Huawei and its technological developments
- Exposure to cutting-edge Technology: 5G, cloud computing and AI
- Exclusive thought provoking sessions with global visionary industry leaders
- Exploration of the Asian culture mysteries from the world-famous Chinese scenic spots
- Provision of free internet bundles during the training
- Provision of an official program graduation certificate
- Kenyan students currently studying at the university preferably with a major in ICT or STEM
- Demonstrated excellent academic acumen
- Passionate about telecoms and technology trends
Only shortlisted students will be selected and supported to take the training online. applications received before the closing date will be considered
- A resume
- A proof of GPA/ unofficial transcript
- A motivation letter between 400-600 words that shows why you want to participate in this program, you relevant part experience, your interests, and what you could potentially contribute to the program.