The African Union Summit 2022 Essay Contest is now accepting applications from young Africans. Applying is as follows:
September 30, 2022 is the deadline for applications.
A culture of sustainable development in Africa, with a specific focus on industrialization and innovation in Africa, is being promoted through the African Union Summit 2022 Essay Contest, which is being conducted in an effort to harness the energy, creativity, and initiative of the African youth.
It also intends to motivate African society to take notes from the bright young brains and consider how each of them might influence the future of our continent. In short, the essay competition will encourage leaders to reflect on and take action on challenges related to industrialization from the perspective of young people and advocate for urgent reforms.
The African Union Commission is holding the essay competition as part of its activities leading up to the next African Union Summit on Industrialization and Economic Diversification, which will take place in Niger in November 2022.
Industrialization and Economic Diversification Summit of the AU:
THEME: The youth in our society should serve as an example for how we should think and act. Which industrialization should be targeted as an African youngster to optimize the connections with Africa’s development agenda in order to achieve the main goal of achieving sustainable development and prosperity for all? How can our African leaders best pursue the intended industrialization road while doing this?
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE ESSAY CONTEST AT THE AFRICAN UNION SUMMIT 2022
- Young individuals aged 15 to 35 from all African Union member states are eligible to enter the tournament.
- Per person, just one entry.
- You may submit the essay in one of the official languages of the AU (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish)
The three best essays will each get one of the following prizes:
First Prize will go to:
- AUC provided a certificate for round-trip travel from the home nation to the Niamey, Niger, site of the AU Summit on Industrialization and Economic Diversification.
- Present the essay to the Summit’s leaders and technical specialists during the specified Summit.
- 2nd and 3rd prize:
- Certificate Publication was published on the AUC website by AUC.
- The Essay Competition’s results
- At the AU Summit on Industrialization and Economic Diversification in Niger, the winning essay will be delivered. The article will serve as a guide and a platform for the opinions of young people about the promotion of SMEs and innovation on the continent, particularly in light of the AfCFTA.
The article should be focused on the summit’s issue and expound on the problems, initiatives, and solutions in the region. Additionally, it ought to incorporate one of the AU Agenda 2063 goals:
- A prosperous Africa built on inclusive growth and sustainable development is the first aspiration.
- Aspiration 2: A politically united, integrated continent founded on Pan-Africanism and the idea of Africa’s Renaissance
- Aspiration 6: A people-driven Africa that values children and relies on the potential of its people, especially its women and youth.
All articles must be submitted by September 30, 2022, at 23:59 EAT to AIW2022@africa-union.org.
Additionally, authors are required to sign and deliver a copy of the attested authorization form that is attached.
For Additional Information about The African Union Summit 2022 Essay Contest Click Here