D-Prize funds start-up businesses that disseminate tested anti-poverty programs.
Products and services to end poverty have already been created. Yet we discovered a number of effective interventions with significant delivery gaps. Still, millions of people lack access to fundamental tools for overcoming poverty – D PRIZE $20K Start-Up Grants to change the World
Can you create a brand-new company or non-profit organization that effectively combats poverty? Below, submit your concept for a brand-new business that addresses one of our distribution challenges. The most promising teams will receive up to $20,000 USD to start their own nonprofit anywhere there is extreme poverty.
- SELF-INJECTABLE CONTRACEPTIVE CHALLENGE: Can you make Sayana® Press, a self-injectable contraceptive, available through a private health network to underprivileged women?
- OXYGEN CHALLENGE
Can you put together a group of technicians to maintain and fix the current oxygen concentrators to increase patient access to medical oxygen?
- CHALLENGE IN IDENTIFYING THE PATIENT: Can you devise a method to recognize patients in need of care for obstetric fistula, cervical cancer, club foot, or cataracts, then link them to available care options in your community?
- MATERNAL HEALTH CHALLENGE: Can you teach nurses to provide misoprostol to pregnant women to stop postpartum bleeding?
- MEDICAL MALE VOLUNTARY CIRCUMCISION DIFFICULTY: Can you locate potential Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) candidates and connect those who choose to participate with current medical facilities to lower the risk of HIV acquisition?
- MOTHER-TO-CHILD TRANSMISSION PREVENTION CHALLENGE: Can you help HIV-positive expectant mothers stick to their ART regimen and avoid passing the virus on to their unborn children?
- IMMUNIZATION PROBLEM FOR CHILDREN: Can you instruct parents to bring their children to medical facilities so they can receive routine vaccines that would not otherwise happen?
- CHALLENGE FOR “SUGAR DADDY AWARENESS”: Can you help 8th grade classes learn about “sugar daddies” in order to decrease teen pregnancies and HIV infections?
ACCESS TO CLEAN WATER IS A PROBLEM
Can ceramic water filters be sold to individuals who live in places without access to clean water?
THE CHALLENGE OF EDUCATION TEACHING AT THE RIGHT LEVEL
In a classroom with few resources, is it possible to teach elementary school pupils the fundamentals of reading and math?
- CHALLENGE FOR AGRICULTURE QUALITY INPUTS:
Can you offer smallholder farmers top-notch inputs and instruction that has been shown to boost their harvests?
- THE CHALLENGE OF POST-HARVEST SUPPORT:
Can you offer post-harvest loans to smallholder farmers and storage technology that has been shown to raise their incomes?
- POSITION YOUR OWN AGRICULTURE CHALLENGE:
D-Prize is particularly interested in providing smallholder farmers with tried-and-true agricultural treatments. We would like to learn about any very effective interventions that are supported by reliable data as well as your distribution expansion strategy.
- LIVESTOCK: D-Prize is interested in providing smallholder farmers with effective livestock interventions, therefore please submit your own livestock challenge. If you are aware of a very successful intervention that is supported by reliable data, please let us know about it and provide details on your distribution strategy.
- ADVANCEMENT OF POVERTY IN LIVELIHOODS:
Can you help bring individuals out of extreme poverty by offering business coaching, funding, and social support?
- PUT FORWARD YOUR OWN FINANCIAL INCLUSION TROUBLE:
D-Prize is particularly interested in providing individuals in need with tried-and-true financial inclusion strategies. If you are aware of a very successful intervention that is supported by reliable data, please let us know about it and provide details on your distribution strategy
ENERGY SOLAR LAMP DIFFICULTY:
Can you offer pico solar lamps to people living in rural areas or slums who don’t frequently have access to electricity?
- GOVERNMENT TRANSPARENCY CHALLENGE:
Can you track data and provide reports to lower corruption and enhance public services?
- STREET SAFETY CHALLENGE: Can you lower traffic fatalities by enlisting the public in a successful campaign to increase the safety of public transportation?
SUGGEST YOUR OWN CHALLENGE: D-Prize is particularly interested in providing individuals in need with effective anti-poverty activities. We would like to learn about any very effective interventions that are supported by reliable data as well as your distribution expansion strategy.
Choose a challenge from the list above, and be ready for the upcoming deadlines:
- The start date for the global competition is September 5, 2022.
- Initial Submission October 16, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific (pacific time)
- Common Submission November 6, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (pacific time)
- November 27, 2022, at midnight Pacific Time (pacific time)
- submit an extension request.
ROUND 1 OF THE EVALUATION PROCESS
Send us your resume and concept note (s). 1700 submissions are typically received for each tournament.
Top 5% of business owners are asked to respond to a few brief questions in writing. You have two weeks to write and submit your proposal.
Top businesspeople conduct phone and email interviews. Up to $20,000 will be given to the top 1% to launch.
Over the following three months, you’ll put your skills to use starting a business that has the potential to employ millions of people.
- The D-Prize is open to ambitious business owners from all corners of the globe, regardless of age or background. Most of our honorees have neither established their businesses nor secured any investment.
- Only if you are dispersing an existing initiative and you require high-risk money that cannot be supported by your current donors or revenue will we consider funding existing organizations.
- Existing groups should have been in operation for no longer than 18 months and should have only received $30,000 in outside funding.
For More Information Click Here
To apply for D PRIZE $20K Start-Up Grants to change the World download Application Packet Here